scared of outdoor life

Talking to one of my oppos recently, in my gaff, Fri night, curry night, about things we did when serving, and about survival trg, when my two lads were about 8 & 9 (10 yrs ago) took them to mid/north Wales for a week end camping, semi army style, they were just youngsters, showed them snares, bashas ,the worm ommlette etc, they loved it,,
SHE was there in the house with me and my mates, , and said ;
"Seeing as the the kids are going to Rome for a week soon and you like tenting,, (SHE meant camping,) why don't we go?

SHE said this in front of my mates, (there were bellicose giggles),

Here's the question,,Would you take your better half whose shit scared of a spider in the bath and who's idea of roughing it is doing without their morning coffee to " go camping with an ex squaddie who knows how to make ciggies out of banana leaves!

I await your submissions and chortles!!

Why would you eat a worm omelette?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you take her and she hates it, you're fucked.
If you don't take her, you're fucked.

Either way, you're fucked, and not in a good way.

Make sure you tell her the one about wiping your ricker with your finger, and then using corner of a tightly folded piece of toilet paper to clean underneath the fingernail.

You won't be roughing it.

When I got married, our honeymoon was a camping holiday. Two weeks spent stopping at various sites from the bottom of South Wales going right up the middle into North Wales. Cheap holiday and it was fun as well. It's a youngsters holiday though. I wouldn't do it now.

The following two years, we did Scotland moving all over the place from Edinburgh up to the Highlands. On one of those holidays, we even got as far as John O Groats. We loved it all.

Only thing was, my missus thought going camping meant taking every mod con that exists. It was almost like a home from home. When she bunged a couple of chairs in with a small table, I asked her what was wrong with sitting on the ground. Her response was that you must be joking!

We had a VW passatt hatch back and with the two rear seats folded down, we barely got everything packed into the car, just for the two of us!

As I said it was fun though and to tell the truth, having everything was a very comfortable experience. We even took a barbecue and it did get used.

I bet your other half will think exactly the same and you had better start now emptying the car of whatever you won't need. You're going to need the space!

Omelettes, worm or otherwise, are highly limited in their applications. They fall apart if used as a frisbee, and are no more durable when worn as headgear. Eating them is really the only use to which they can reasonably be put.

Well you could just have an omelette (no worm required).

Went round to a mates house a few hours after getting back from a couple of weeks on Saltau, his German wife was in a rage that he wanted her to cancel the camping holiday she had booked in Lüneburger Heide.o_O

D

Deleted 20555

Tell her that you won't be doing tents but she will be getting her own basha.

ACAB

LE

When I got married, our honeymoon was a camping holiday. Two weeks spent stopping at various sites from the bottom of South Wales going right up the middle into North Wales.

When you got married you took your missus to Wales????

Kill yourself, Now.

You know you want to.

NSP

LE

When I got married, our honeymoon was a camping holiday. Two weeks spent stopping at various sites from the bottom of South Wales going right up the middle into North Wales. Cheap holiday and it was fun as well. It's a youngsters holiday though. I wouldn't do it now.

The following two years, we did Scotland moving all over the place from Edinburgh up to the Highlands. On one of those holidays, we even got as far as John O Groats. We loved it all.

Only thing was, my missus thought going camping meant taking every mod con that exists. It was almost like a home from home. When she bunged a couple of chairs in with a small table, I asked her what was wrong with sitting on the ground. Her response was that you must be joking!

We had a VW passatt hatch back and with the two rear seats folded down, we barely got everything packed into the car, just for the two of us!

As I said it was fun though and to tell the truth, having everything was a very comfortable experience. We even took a barbecue and it did get used.

I bet your other half will think exactly the same and you had better start now emptying the car of whatever you won't need. You're going to need the space!
I know that feeling! Sounds like when my friends do a camping holiday. All my gear including tent goes in one large holdall and all my beer goes in one (admittedly large) coolbox. No need to fold the back seats down. My friends rock up with cars piled to the headlining and it takes them all afternoon to erect their canvas mansions. On the other hand, they can stand up and get dressed easily in their tents and I can't.

When you got married you took your missus to Wales????

Kill yourself, Now.

You know you want to.

Better that than Cyprus.

NSP

LE
Having read a bit about your circumstances around the site I'm not going to be drawn in by that for fear of giving offence.

ACAB

LE
Better that than Cyprus.
Seriously?

You may be right. I suppose taking your beloved to a third world shit hole that insists it is a first world nation is a bit of a non starter. What, with the mountains, the lack of a common language and their obsession with religion.

On the other hand I always liked Cyprus.

Latest Threads