Scar Claims

I've been told I can claim for every scar I have received through work (not going on the lash), as they're classed as a deformity/disability (idk how they're a disability..)
Is this true? If it is how do I go about claiming for them? I've only gained 3 during my service but every little helps!? Even if its only like £50 a scar..

I was also told that the injuries wouldn't have to be put in an accident book at work, as 1 was gained from tour, 1 was gained from exercise and the other was the only one I got whilst in the workshop...

Cheers,
Luke

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
man up and ask dinger about scars

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
I like your name OP - assuming it is a real account of course and not a socko.

How are you going to prove they were 'work' related scars? And not from a bit of self mutilation, boy racing or pished up glass throwing?

I've been told I can claim for every scar I have received through work (not going on the lash), as they're classed as a deformity/disability (idk how they're a disability..)
Is this true? If it is how do I go about claiming for them? I've only gained 3 during my service but every little helps!? Even if its only like £50 a scar..

I was also told that the injuries wouldn't have to be put in an accident book at work, as 1 was gained from tour, 1 was gained from exercise and the other was the only one I got whilst in the workshop...

Cheers,
Luke
Please chop your own head off with a blunt shovel.

Why go for peanuts when you could get thousands!

You should claim for the trauma of these devastating injuries straight away..... I would say the sum of 30,000 for three scars is about doable.

First write a letter direct to the CO stipulating that you would like to lodge a claim for work related injuries. He should then send you a special claim form via the Adj....

Good luck...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
if its appealed then you get costs, usually they just pay out as its cheaper than court.

a girl I used to know when I worked in mcdonalds as a kid had a solicitor dad who used to write a stock letter to HQ every time she got burnt - usually a 50 quid chq would turn up so she used to abuse it when she wanted a new walkman

a girl I used to know when I worked in mcdonalds as a kid had a solicitor dad who used to write a stock letter to HQ every time she got burnt - usually a 50 quid chq would turn up so she used to abuse it when she wanted a new walkman
I hope she dies in a chip pan fire.

Afcs leaflet said:
What is AFCS?
The Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) provides compensation for injury, illness or death which is caused by service on or after 6 April 2005.

What can I claim for?
You can claim for injury or illness which has been sustained as a result of service. Claims can range from relatively minor fractures to amputations and other more serious conditions, including mental disorders.
You can submit a claim for injury or illness which occurs while you are participating in a service-related activity. This includes injury as a result of Adventurous Training (AT), physical exercise and organised sport, for example inter-Service athletics.
And from the table of injuries:
"Minor scarring of scalp, neck, torso or limbs" is level 15
"Minor facial scarring" and "Moderate scarring of scalp, neck, torso or limbs where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" are level 14
"Moderate facial scarring where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" is level 13
"Severe scarring of face, or face and neck, or neck, scalp, torso or limb, where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" is level 12
"Severe facial scarring which produces a poor cosmetic result despite camouflage" is level 11

The amount of compensation is currently;
11 £15,500
12 £10,000
13 £6,000
14 £3,000
15 £1,200

For more info, Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

Z

Zarathustra

If this isn't a wind up what's the problem with someone claiming for something they're entitled to?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer

Cheers,
Luke
Must not bite
Must not bite
Must not bite

**** it.

****!

Zarathustra, I honestly thought this was a wind up....if not has every right to claim...That aside these claims clutter the system....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I think it's probably a wind-up, and did from the outset, however, if there is someone out there who deserves compensation and is helped by reading an accurate answer, then I can cope with that.

E

EScotia

Despite my belief that this is at best a Wah or at worst an attempt to try it on, if the OP has a genuine injury deserving of compensation then Z is correct and the information he needs can be found here:

Pensions and Compensation

And from the table of injuries:
"Minor scarring of scalp, neck, torso or limbs" is level 15
"Minor facial scarring" and "Moderate scarring of scalp, neck, torso or limbs where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" are level 14
"Moderate facial scarring where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" is level 13
"Severe scarring of face, or face and neck, or neck, scalp, torso or limb, where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" is level 12
"Severe facial scarring which produces a poor cosmetic result despite camouflage" is level 11

The amount of compensation is currently;
11 £15,500
12 £10,000
13 £6,000
14 £3,000
15 £1,200

For more info, Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
DO they really think putting black and green make up on is going to improve your looks in civvy street?

Woohoo, I've got a scar from burning my arm on the genny exhaust back in 2000.

Cha-ching :)

Sent by carrier pigeon using Speckled Jim