Scar Claims

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by lukenobrains, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I've been told I can claim for every scar I have received through work (not going on the lash), as they're classed as a deformity/disability (idk how they're a disability..)
    Is this true? If it is how do I go about claiming for them? I've only gained 3 during my service but every little helps!? Even if its only like £50 a scar..

    I was also told that the injuries wouldn't have to be put in an accident book at work, as 1 was gained from tour, 1 was gained from exercise and the other was the only one I got whilst in the workshop...

  2. That's a good lad, you wring EVERY penny out of the system you can.........

    Just because you can doesn't mean you must.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Grumblegrunt

    Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

    man up and ask dinger about scars
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Command_doh

    Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

    I like your name OP - assuming it is a real account of course and not a socko.

    How are you going to prove they were 'work' related scars? And not from a bit of self mutilation, boy racing or pished up glass throwing?
  5. Please chop your own head off with a blunt shovel.
  6. Why go for peanuts when you could get thousands!

    You should claim for the trauma of these devastating injuries straight away..... I would say the sum of 30,000 for three scars is about doable.

    First write a letter direct to the CO stipulating that you would like to lodge a claim for work related injuries. He should then send you a special claim form via the Adj....

    Good luck...

    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Grumblegrunt

    Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

    if its appealed then you get costs, usually they just pay out as its cheaper than court.

    a girl I used to know when I worked in mcdonalds as a kid had a solicitor dad who used to write a stock letter to HQ every time she got burnt - usually a 50 quid chq would turn up so she used to abuse it when she wanted a new walkman
  8. I hope she dies in a chip pan fire.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. And from the table of injuries:
    "Minor scarring of scalp, neck, torso or limbs" is level 15
    "Minor facial scarring" and "Moderate scarring of scalp, neck, torso or limbs where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" are level 14
    "Moderate facial scarring where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" is level 13
    "Severe scarring of face, or face and neck, or neck, scalp, torso or limb, where camouflage produces a good cosmetic result" is level 12
    "Severe facial scarring which produces a poor cosmetic result despite camouflage" is level 11

    The amount of compensation is currently;
    11 £15,500
    12 £10,000
    13 £6,000
    14 £3,000
    15 £1,200

    For more info, Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
  10. I agree with Grumblegrunt...

    The appeal process is festooned with bureaucracy and can take a quite a time. Therefore, you need to gain some good legal representation on the matter. Remember time is not on your side so you must act quickly.....

    I think you could get an out of court settlement easy.....

    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  11. tgf, there really are people out there that would try this on, try looking at some of the comments on here:

    Youreable Forums
  12. If this isn't a wind up what's the problem with someone claiming for something they're entitled to?