Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yes*

*Subject to the following:

1) it will take a while for the heat signature to disappear
2) it'll only work if you don't cut air holes
Ive got a foil hat if that helps ?

I`m taking the piss , there`s no way this tape can hide a heat source , it may reduce it but so would any fabric tape.
Off at a tangent but Mattb's nearly correct, it's about releasing the heat sig in a different/slower fashion thereby disguising the source.
Tested an earlier version of this thing years ago.

Warm in use but pretty good against TI.
Not so good against the Mk. 1 eyeball unless extra scrim/natural cam was added, which made it even hotter to wear. The latest ones are more comfortable.

Demand one then cut it up for your lid, nobody will bitch about the cost.
8415-99-925-2407

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.[/QUOTE]

Off at a tangent but Mattb's nearly correct, it's about releasing the heat sig in a different/slower fashion thereby disguising the source.
Tested an earlier version of this thing years ago.

Warm in use but pretty good against TI.
Not so good against the Mk. 1 eyeball unless extra scrim/natural cam was added, which made it even hotter to wear. The latest ones are more comfortable.

Demand one then cut it up for your lid, nobody will bitch about the cost.
8415-99-925-2407

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.
[/QUOTE]

Thats the problem , where do you send the heat the body creates ? one here for sale , guaranteed to work! difficult to make a claim when you're dead. http://ebays.com.ua/catalog/show/321586230402/

Bad CO

Admin
I think you guys are missing the point here. This isn't about reducing heat produced by the body but how the tape deals with external infra red sources (moon, stars, etc).

If you have something that reflects a large proportion of the IR light that falls on it then it stands out like the proverbial. Poor quality webbing, jackets, etc typically behave in this fashion. As I recall there used to be a course/presentation at LWC which showed exactly how kit looked under various types of night vision device? It was illuminating ....... :)

IRR is a big deal and there are Def-Stans that deal with it. A good example is Def-Stan 0023 which can be got here http://sandtec.no/dokumenter/Forsvarsmaling/UK/Rapporter/00000400.pdf. You also might like to look at the table on the sniper tape website which shows exactly how well it complies with the specification - IRR-Information

For info, the guy behind sniper-tape.co.uk used to run RVOps so is well versed in the military kit market. Unfortunately his business had problems and had to close which is why he's looking at this as a new venture. He's my friend which is why I'm trying to help him out by raising awareness of what he's offering.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Thats the problem , where do you send the heat the body creates ? one here for sale , guaranteed to work! difficult to make a claim when you're dead. http://ebays.com.ua/catalog/show/321586230402/
Аукцион закончился - auction ended.
Checked out the seller & saw it had been relisted - for 2K US !

Know I've got one of the originals somewhere, when I dig it out that'll deffo be hitting ebay.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think you guys are missing the point here. This isn't about reducing heat produced by the body but how the tape deals with external infra red sources (moon, stars, etc).

If you have something that reflects a large proportion of the IR light that falls on it then it stands out like the proverbial. Poor quality webbing, jackets, etc typically behave in this fashion. As I recall there used to be a course/presentation at LWC which showed exactly how kit looked under various types of night vision device? It was illuminating ....... :)

IRR is a big deal and there are Def-Stans that deal with it. A good example is Def-Stan 0023 which can be got here http://sandtec.no/dokumenter/Forsvarsmaling/UK/Rapporter/00000400.pdf. You also might like to look at the table on the sniper tape website which shows exactly how well it complies with the specification - IRR-Information

For info, the guy behind sniper-tape.co.uk used to run RVOps so is well versed in the military kit market. Unfortunately his business had problems and had to close which is why he's looking at this as a new venture. He's my friend which is why I'm trying to help him out by raising awareness of what he's offering.
I think you are talking NV and I`m talking Ti .

Mattb

LE
Excuse me are you saying that the moon and stars emit infra red light?
If stars didn't emit infra red then the Earth would be somewhat nippy.

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.

Latest Threads