Scapa (Erebis/MTP) IRR Sniper Tape

Bad CO

Admin
It has been a busy day for equipment related news. Another item in by email is that there is a UK supplier for the Scapa Erebis (*MTP compatible) sniper tape which meets military Infra Red Reflective (IRR) standards. Look at the images below to get a feel for how good it is.

Features:
  • Meets IRR Specification
  • Conceals weapons and equipment, reducing glare and visibility
  • Fabric tape is washable and reusable
  • Minimizes metallic rattling and noise
  • Protect equipment from field scratches
  • Improves handling and grip of tape covered items
  • Acts as an Insulation barrier from hot/cold surfaces
  • Easy to cut or tear
  • Conforms to any shape
  • Adhesive coated fabric tape
  • Sniper tape will not leave a sticky residue when removed

If this is of interest then you can find it online at www.sniper-tape.co.uk

sniper tape.jpg

sniper tape2.jpg

* Erebis is basically MTP with a few small differences so that they don't get sued by whoever owns the pattern.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Looks cool, but everyone knows a tatty old green sniper tape helmet stripe is ally as ****.

Allyness saves lives. This shit will get people killed.

Looks cool, but everyone knows a tatty old green sniper tape helmet stripe is ally as ****.

You beat me to it.

It's a constant juggling act. For instance, are you better off leaving your PPE undamaged but run the risk of death by un-allyness due to not having part of your CBRN boot holding your helmet cover on, or vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You beat me to it.

It's a constant juggling act. For instance, are you better off leaving your PPE undamaged but run the risk of death by un-allyness due to not having part of your CBRN boot holding your helmet cover on, or vice versa?

Showing your age there shipmate.

The CBRN boot thing went out of fashion years ago. Something to do with people not liking molten rubber dripping onto their faces in vehicles that happened to be on fire or something.

Damn, the ex matelot beat me to it.

The CBRN boot thing went out of fashion years ago. Something to do with people not liking molten rubber dripping onto their faces in vehicles that happened to be on fire or something.
Surely you mean molten allyness?

G

GLESGA-NED

Basically for gay c'unts that can't put a helmet cover on? Pussies!! Need a little bit of encouragement to use those muscles sweetie.

So as it has IR reflective ability I guess if I covered myself in it head to foot I`d be invisible to thermal imaging cameras ?,could be useful for evading Police helo`s , BTW the companies address is a house on an estate in Plymouth.

BigRed99

Old-Salt
So as it has IR reflective ability I guess if I covered myself in it head to foot I`d be invisible to thermal imaging cameras ?,could be useful for evading Police helo`s , BTW the companies address is a house on an estate in Plymouth.
No

Last edited:

Mattb

LE
Yes*

*Subject to the following:

1) it will take a while for the heat signature to disappear
2) it'll only work if you don't cut air holes

Talking out of my bum, via a mobile telephone.

Balls_out

Old-Salt

Also looking back, it looked absolutely honking. I watched a few episodes of a 1995 NI documentary, looked like even black nasty around the rim of a lid.

Stinking

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Is he bollocks, there was no such thing as a CBRN boot back then.

Not in the British forces anyway.

lert

LE

I call bollocks. I've seen loads of WRENS and WRACS with faces like melted wellies.

T

Tinman74

Obviously the first rule of Allyness is avoid tour dodging.

I think you're supposed to wrap yourself in one of those foil blankets and just use the tape around the wrists/ neck/ ankles and where it joins.[/QU
I think you're supposed to wrap yourself in one of those foil blankets and just use the tape around the wrists/ neck/ ankles and where it joins.
Ive got a foil hat if that helps ?

I`m taking the piss , there`s no way this tape can hide a heat source , it may reduce it but so would any fabric tape.

mickeyluv

War Hero
Ive got a foil hat if that helps ?

I`m taking the piss , there`s no way this tape can hide a heat source , it may reduce it but so would any fabric tape.
Its gen, a bloke in the pub who says he used to be a sniper told me. (Ive no reason to doubt him, hes always wearing a dpm jacket)

Latest Threads