Scans during pregnancy in Germany

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
4D?

As in 4 Dimensions? I always thought the 4th Dimension was time....

The scans my Mrs had were the same as what you´d get in UK.

Black and WHite, ultrasound.

WTF is 4D?

My staff keep getting pregnant all the time (nothing to do with me, we have a dodgy chair i think) and all the scans I see are b/w photos, and might as well be of the surface of the moon from what I can see.

Hi,
I live in Germany.
Here the following scans are normal practice in Germany, by every GP:

1st = 9th to 12 th week
2nd = 19th to 22nd week
3rd = 29th to 32nd week

Nearly always in 4D (unless in a very remote area!) The Doc very often uses colour to highlight the blood-system.

Extra scans, other than these three, cost 100 to 125 euros. Video cassette cost 80 euro.
I hope this answers your question.

(LEGS - You are correct. UltraSound scans are on always on a 2D basis, thereafter they can be "Enhanced" to 3D or 4D. Four dimensions, as in width, breadth, depth and TIME, because 4D generates a real-time moving picture. With 3D only a singular polaroid is possible)

just spoken to a lady who is about to reproduce imminently. Scans are only ordinary 2d unless you pay the extra, and it#s done in a com pletely different location.

(Applie to Gutersloh - may be different elsewhere)

Nathan, there will be a BFG Helath service midwife in your location. Ask them. They are in the Medcenter.

We´ve had a kid in BFG, never charged for the photos and never had on e in colour.....

Sorry Nathan..........missunderstanding........your question was posed under "Germany" and not BFG. My quote applies to the default service of the German civil health system.