Scans during pregnancy in Germany

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by nathan1985, Jan 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there.

Does anyone know if, by default, the 20 scan is a 4D one as rumour has it?

Thanks very much!

2. 4D?

As in 4 Dimensions? I always thought the 4th Dimension was time....
  3. The scans my Mrs had were the same as what you´d get in UK.

Black and WHite, ultrasound.

WTF is 4D?
  4. My staff keep getting pregnant all the time (nothing to do with me, we have a dodgy chair i think) and all the scans I see are b/w photos, and might as well be of the surface of the moon from what I can see.
  5. Hi,
    I live in Germany.
    Here the following scans are normal practice in Germany, by every GP:

1st = 9th to 12 th week
    2nd = 19th to 22nd week
    3rd = 29th to 32nd week

Nearly always in 4D (unless in a very remote area!) The Doc very often uses colour to highlight the blood-system.

Extra scans, other than these three, cost 100 to 125 euros. Video cassette cost 80 euro.
    I hope this answers your question.

(LEGS - You are correct. UltraSound scans are on always on a 2D basis, thereafter they can be "Enhanced" to 3D or 4D. Four dimensions, as in width, breadth, depth and TIME, because 4D generates a real-time moving picture. With 3D only a singular polaroid is possible)
  6. just spoken to a lady who is about to reproduce imminently. Scans are only ordinary 2d unless you pay the extra, and it#s done in a com pletely different location.

(Applie to Gutersloh - may be different elsewhere)
  7. Many thanks for your responses. Much appreciated!
  8. Nathan, there will be a BFG Helath service midwife in your location. Ask them. They are in the Medcenter.

We´ve had a kid in BFG, never charged for the photos and never had on e in colour.....
  9. Sorry Nathan..........missunderstanding........your question was posed under "Germany" and not BFG. My quote applies to the default service of the German civil health system.