Scanning a Document

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Jerrycan2793, Jan 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im trying to figure out how to scan a document into MS WORD 2010 which I can then type onto a reprint, The closest I have got so far is using MODI and the text despite being positioned in the correct place on screen goes mental when its printed.

Ideally I would like to scan it completely into word.

Many Thanks
    Jerry

2. I dont think thats office 2010 but thankyou ill give it ago now

3. That program is refusing to work on my machine, I had to download it from the MS OFFICE site but I think its designed to work on XP

4. Have you you asked google?

5. What scanner are you using?

6. Yes I have asked google and if Im honest I was confused at the start now I dont know my own name...

Im using a HPDeskjet 2050 j510 Series (PrinterScannerCombi)

I can get it into PDF TIFF among other things but I cant edit it without the formatting going mental or the printer throwing my text all over the place.

7. Mate download a separate scanning software (or use the one that came with the HP scanner, or go to their website and download if it you've lost the cd or whatnot), scan it and export it to an image. Then just drag the image into word.

8. I can do that but I cant type over it. On screen it looks spot on but when I print it it goes mental

9. You need to right click on the image, and send it to back, and ensure it isn't locked so the wording will type over it rather than forcing it down in print. Press print preview as well to see how it'll come out and make the necessary amendments.

10. PM sent

11. If I remember correctly HP provides a programme called "Solution Centre" which includes the "scanning" software. Open "Solution Centre" and select "Scan Document" - a new window will open that provides options. In the "Save To" option select "Microsoft Word" then hit "Scan Button." Document will be scanned and opened in Microsoft Word, beware the OCR software is not that brilliant so check the spellings and the alignment.

12. Thanks everyone, I eventually did it by using illustrator. I couldnt get the margins etc... right in word.