Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scammer or legitimate moron?

Chef

LE
Just recieved an email from someone asking whether I'm eBay account so-and-so and whether I'm selling a PlayStation, and if not could I please refund the £108 that he's paid to me. Needless to say I'm not eBay user so-and-so and I'm selling a PS4, neither is there any obvious way which he could confuse me with him. It's a .co.uk address so that the scam is in £ doesn't seem that odd.

What I suspect is that this is a scam; I send him £108 and then he puts in some sort of claim for the original £108 saying that his PlayStation hasn't turned up (because clearly it won't) and gets that, leaving me £108 out of pocket. Handily, my card has expired and I haven't got around to updating the details on PayPal yet, making charging me rather tricky. So my thought is that I just create a new PayPal account with a different email address, transfer the money to myself, sit on it for a while and see what happens - and then donate a decent sum of my unexpected fortune to the Poppy Appeal and spend several minutes laughing heartily at the scammers.

Any thoughts or advice?
So are you sending me the money or what?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Double Your Money. Hughie Green.
What's the meaning of "Double Your Money? And who's your man Hughie Green there? Do they have anything to do with e-bay scams?

MsG

Chef

LE
Last four? Crikey, how many Army numbers did you have‽

Cheque's in the post fella.
Thanks for that my friend.

Why don't you send me your bank details? If it happens again I won't need to bother you.

Thoughtful, that's me.

Mattb

LE
Thanks for that my friend.

Why don't you send me your bank details? If it happens again I won't need to bother you.

Thoughtful, that's me.
My bank details? It's a building full of money with little pens on beaded lanyards.

Latest Threads