Scam

Just received this email to my hotmail account, obviously a scam and a twist on the normal exiled African Prince who wants help in reclaiming his fortune...but this one is closer to home and I thin he needs reporting:-

"I am Peter Watson, a legal practitioner based in London UK. I am personal attorney to late Mr. Adams Williams who died with his wife and two sons in the Tube explosion at King's Cross-and-Russell Square in London. He was a prosperous businessman (an oil Merchant). He left behind a deposit of twelve million two hundred thousand US Dollars in his security/finance Company in London. Subsequent to my efforts to have possession of his funds, the bankers lately determined that I should provide his close relative to inherit the funds within 28 working days prior to the restructuring of the banking institution or the funds would be subjected to dormant. Thus, given that the mandate is high priority, I have a desire for you to participate as the next of kin in an attempt to overcome the diktat given by the bank. After investigation the Security/finance Company also found out that he did not leave a "WILL" and all attempts to trace his next-of-kin were fruitless. Let me know your willingness to pool resources with me or I should contact another person forthwith.My private email address is: pwatsonuk01@aim.com. I earnestly anticipate your prompt reaction.

Peter Watson Will & Probate Solicitors
101 Borough High Street LONDON SE1 1NL
Tel: +44-702-401-7451
Fax: +44-700-596-1494
Email-pwatsonuk01@aim.com"

I've checked the list of victims from that day and can't see any trace of Adam Williams...has anyone seen this scam before? Who would be interested with this - will the Police do anything with this???

Funny, I don't recall any such solicitors on borough high street, maybe I'll pop in on my way to sainsburys and offer to take the twelve million off their hands :roll:

DesktopCommando said:
go here and submit it to these guys http://www.419eater.com/ who will string him along for months on end & even end up getting money from him :)
Better still, sign up for a new Hotmail account, go to the 419eater site, steal their excellent ideas and do it yourself.

I did it about 6 years ago using ideas off their site and a Pay As You Go mobile. Actually managed to get a guy to fly to Amsterdam to meet me and then send me pictures from Schipol as I kept saying I was there and couldn't find him.

Used a photoshopped passport with Ross Kemps photograph which, if you read every other letter in the fake passport number, said "fcuk you tw*t" and he STILL fell for it :)

Set up one of the free internet fax accounts so that faxes can be sent and received and look up "number spoofing" if you want to send him texts or make calls that appear to be from somewhere else.

Last call I made to him at Schipol was spoofed to appear that it came from Buckingham Palaces press office. I wonder if he ever called it back?

It gives you a great sense of satisfaction knowing, that for around a 50 or 60 quid outlay on your part (PAYG, call charges and paying for the "number spoof") that you have got some tw*t to fly half way around the world to meet a mark that doesn't exist that then tries to ring the Queen :)

Aunty Stella said:
DesktopCommando said:
go here and submit it to these guys http://www.419eater.com/ who will string him along for months on end & even end up getting money from him :)
Better still, sign up for a new Hotmail account, go to the 419eater site, steal their excellent ideas and do it yourself.

I did it about 6 years ago using ideas off their site and a Pay As You Go mobile. Actually managed to get a guy to fly to Amsterdam to meet me and then send me pictures from Schipol as I kept saying I was there and couldn't find him.

Used a photoshopped passport with Ross Kemps photograph which, if you read every other letter in the fake passport number, said "fcuk you tw*t" and he STILL fell for it :)
Set up one of the free internet fax accounts so that faxes can be sent and received and look up "number spoofing" if you want to send him texts or make calls that appear to be from somewhere else.

Last call I made to him at Schipol was spoofed to appear that it came from Buckingham Palaces press office. I wonder if he ever called it back?

It gives you a great sense of satisfaction knowing, that for around a 50 or 60 quid outlay on your part (PAYG, call charges and paying for the "number spoof") that you have got some tw*t to fly half way around the world to meet a mark that doesn't exist that then tries to ring the Queen :)

:D Good f-kin skills! :thumright: :worship:

I googled the solicitor, only 1 peter watson came up click here
looks like he's not even in the firm mentioned either unless he's branched out, might be worth giving him a call to see if he's 12m lying around his office?

If you want a great example, look HERE

Its from the 419 site that I stole so much from that also activley encourages you to do the same.

It starts quite slowly but trust me, it's worth reading all the pages of the story carefully. The guys there are fcuking geniuses. It turns the "dying cancer patient" into a "goat fcuking animal sex addict" with some excellent references to Monty Python in between.

These 419 scammers are great for a long running wind up and I wish I could claim the credit but have gotta admit that it was the site above that prompted me.

Try it, you'll be laughing your c0ck off for years :)

Check the headers on the e mail then the IP address I did this for a scam, got a name and googled him. He was a known fraudster pretending to be an African princess.

As Stella says if you are that way inclined you can have some fun with him. I found some amusing stuff on the 419 site.

Someone gave the link to the real Peter Watson, I would bundle it up, send it to him and ask him if he is operating scams now.

It is an offence to make out you are a solicitor, who is officially an "officer of the court", hence the email you received does not mention that word. It is also an offence to conspire to defraud someone.

You can have more fun (and doing theright thing) by giving the real Peter Watson the heads up, pointing him to this thread and watching what happens. He will be furious.

maybe a load of us should e mail the real Peter Watson and ask him about the money. He will be annoyed and may chase things up himself. A solicitor working for free :)

I was wondering if any one knew this bloke who sent me an email last week. If so , it may be a good time to tap him for drinks.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Sgt Alex Green I am an British soldier, I am from Warrington, of
2nd Battalion , The Duke of Lancaster Regiment in United Kingdom. I am
presently in Iraq for the mean time.

I apologized using this medium to reach you for a transaction/business of
this magnitude. We have in our possession the sum of US$25,000,000.00
(Twenty Five Million US Dollars), which belongs to Saddam Hussein. These
funds have been moved and kept safe in a Security Company, Basically since
we are working for the British Government, we cannot keep these funds, but
we want to transfer and move the funds to you, so that you can keep it for
us in your safe account or an offshore account.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be
willing to assist us in this transaction, your share of the sum will be 30%
of the US$25 million, 60% for us and 10% will be kept aside for expenses and
rest assure that this business is 100% safe on your part provided you treat
it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality.

Therefore, if you are interested, please reply immediately via my private
email address:(alexgreen752008@yahoo.pl) With your Full Name, Current
Mailing Address and your confidential Telephone and Fax numbers for easy
communication.

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details that will
help you understand the transaction. Please observe utmost confidentiality,
and be rest assured that this business is risk free.

Best Regards

Sgt Alex Green
Basra Iraq
Email
alexgreen752008@yahoo.pl

Sgt Alex Green
Basra Iraq
Email
alexgreen752008 @ yahoo.pl

Why has 'he' got a yahoo Poland email account? I wonder are we now in Poland as well?

Stilts

Looks like I'am in the money as well, because I recieved this eamil the other day:

Hello Friend,

Before I proceed further, Please permit me to introduction myself to you. I am Mrs. Grace Bay-Ong Dagadag A complete citizen of Philippines. I am Wife of Late Mr. Tomlord Dagadag of Philippines. He worked with Philippine Embassy in the USA as An Ambassador for years and also hold other Political position in Philippines before his death.

I inherited a total sum of $9.5 Million American dollars from my late husband, the money was concealed in a Metallic Trunk Box and was deposited with a security company in Abidjan Cote D Ivoire, that was because he needed a maximum security / safety of his consignment and no body nor government organization can trace the where about of the money until he is ready and prepare to claim it. But the Security company does not know the real content of the box, because it was deposited as a Family Valuables for security reasons.

In fact, since the death of my husband, his brothers has been seriously chasing me around with constant treats, trying to suppress me so that they might have the documents of his landed properties and confiscate them. They have successfully collected all his properties, yet they never stopped there, they told me to surrender all bank account of my late husband,
which I did, but I never disclose to them this deposit with the security company in Cote D Ivoire, because this is where my future and destiny lies upon. The family of my late husband never aware of the secret existence of this deposit which I made with the security company and they can never be aware of it.

My main purpose of sending you this mail is because of the way I found you and perhaps trustworthy to give you this priority of shipping the box of money to any address that you think is very secure and save in your country for onward lodgement your account for the purpose of future investment with your percentage of which we shall chat on soon. I will send you the Authorization Certificate to call them in my next mail which is the Certificate of deposit that they gave to my late husband on the very day when the box of money was deposited under their company. I give thanks immensely for your co-operation as I
look forward to hear from you for quick conclusion of this business. The percentage will be your reward for all your moral and financial assistance during the period of moving the money to your country.

Please if you can assist me, I will be very grateful and repay you many times over. Declaring your willingness to assist me in this venture in your next email reply.
Waiting for a very quick response from you.

Best Regards,
Mrs.Grace Bay Ong Dagadag.
NB: Please reply me at: grace_daggg@yahoo.com

Stella's approach is great fun, but read the warnings on the 419eater site: be absolutely certain that you are untraceable/never seen by these people if you go down that route.

IIRC, at least one couple were murdered by Nigerian scammers, and others have been tortured for the codes to their bank cards before being left for dead. These stories are amusing, the individuals involved are definitely not.

Having said which, they thoroughly deserve any pain and grief you can bring into their lives.

STILTS said:
In fact, since the death of my husband, his brothers has been seriously chasing me around with constant treats...
What's she complaining about?? Having a few guys running after you with Curly Wurlys and Ferrero Rocher can't be that bad.

STILTS said:
Looks like I'am in the money as well, because I recieved this eamil the other day:

Hello Friend,

Before I proceed further, Please permit me to introduction myself to you. I am Mrs. Grace Bay-Ong Dagadag A complete citizen of Philippines.
Blah Blah Blah.........etc

Best Regards,
Mrs.Grace Bay Ong Dagadag.
NB: Please reply me at: grace_daggg@yahoo.com
I got one of these a while back and got into a great conversation with Madame Dagadag about the meaning of the phrase 'Complete citizen'.
I asked if it was possible to be a partial citizen and all sorts of other stupidity.
She (He or it) was so impressed she told me to Feck orrft in the end.

Latest Threads