Scam Warning!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by AIR FILTER, Oct 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Royal Mail are asking staff in all public services to circulate this message around especially as Christmas is fast approaching.

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).Do not call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call. If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655. For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website.
  2. Wow, the cost of an urban myth scam has gone up, it was only £15 in 2006. Is it a double-scam if you forard an e-mail about a scam and then find the e-mail was a scam?
  3. I would also like to give out a scam warning.

If you get an e-mail offering you two free tickets to see Jedward - DO NOT OPEN IT!

It contains tickets to see Jedward, this is serious!
    • Like Like x 11
  4. I regularly receive emails from well meaning folk wih warnings of scams/hoaxs. Yet to find one that [after consulting snopes] that isn't either years old and/or a load of old tosh. I take great delight in emailing back with bold large letters "check f@cking snopes!!!!"
  5. We had a clerk who regularly passed on chain emails warning against spam or some new her entire contacts list.

6. There is much scope for fun with these well meaning imbeciles!
  7. Like the people who think that facebook will blow up your computer and send ninjas to kill your dog if you don't copy and paste a status by midnight?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. HHH

HHH LE

Are you sure, I don't want to take any chances.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Send Ninjas to kill my dog?

Have a word.

The Stealth Stinker? Versus Ninjas? Shiny knives and numchackas and them little throwy star things?

A little bit of wee nearly fell out then. My WMD is more than a match for them eodmatt castoffs. He can do a room clearance in 3 seconds, and now, in his 11 and a half years of age, has finally started trumping, which I find highly amusing and fortunately because I have a cold that would kill a bloke, can't smell. He can though.

"Aw, what a lovely dog, Can I stroke him?".

"Go on, little girl smell your hands".

"Mummy, I feel sick, it smells of nasty".

Ninjas doing in the Pirate Tap Dancer? I very much doubt it, but it gave me a chuckle.
  10. That nice Christine Lagarde sent me an email,so I could claim millions of dollars from her slush fund.
  11. I often wonder how many people every day have "found the teddy bear virus on my C drive so I've deleted it." and have therefore removed some major part of Java? Bet that's still doing the rounds of the moronic.
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I also love the one:

Please forward this to at least ten people in the next 90 seconds or your cock will fall off"

Then some fuckwit sends it.

13. I'd like to see BT try and bill me £315 for a 10 second phone call!

Has anyone called the number to see what it really is?

Edited to add: Ah, I see. It was a genuine scam (if such a thing is possible), but the number was disconnected when it was caught.