Scam phone calls

Shouting offensive and casually racist abuse down the phone at call centre operatives doesn't work, they put you on the list for a daily call.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Gen or Wah I care not it amused me intensley
Absolutely genuine... She could have ******* warned me, as she knows what I'm like (I was on BBC Wales' consumer affairs programme 'X-Ray' last year, when the Swansea cold-calling cnuts were harassing my father and my evidence led to a load of the twats being heavily fined and eventually locked up in the first case of its kind in the UK). :)

The daft twats even cold-called me while I was being filmed in my kitchen, pretending to be cold-called... :D

I once asked a cold caller/scam number if the lady was wearing white panties and was she moist?
Repeated it and then a supervisor came on the line, I asked her the same question.
She told me not to be rude, I told her not to ring me at 2330 on a friday night after my beer & curry night.
For some reason I never got called again!

I think I might be blacklisted?:rolleyes:
After a beer and curry night I would have thought that farting down the phone at them would have been the immediate action, unless you were still in the restaurant of course.

(Sorry innocent Swansea Girl... and your manager...) :sad:

(And damn you, oh Purple One! I always suspected that the Memsahib was one of your minions upon Earth and this proves it... :-x)

I got two today. The usual recording of "Yeah, we have been told about an accident you were involved in."

If you acknowledge this, another recording says "just one moment" and then puts you through to a live person.

Both times they abruptly hung up when I asked the bloke what he was wearing. I think "Alan" from deepest, darkest India is uncomfortable discussing such things with me.
I usually like to engage them in conversation and then tell them that I'm naked and aroused... No, I didn't tell that to BBC Wales, though that's only because they didn't send Lucy Owen round to film my bit... BBC One - X-Ray

Last edited:
Just googled her, I would :)
She's bloody expensive though. I saw an invoice for her services for hosting a award ceremony.

Joe_Private

On ROPS
On ROPs
I really enjoy it when the scammer gets to the part where they say "Please press your control button" They then ask "Have you pressed it" I reply "Yes I have" (but I haven't) then the caller asks "What do you see on your computer?" It is then that I go into my routine "I see dark shadows..... No it not, it's one of them Indian scammers that think we are as stupid as they are. ( I can't say what I really call them or the race relation board would arrest me)
I rarely get to that point. The phone rang one lunchtime, and I put down my cutlery and went and answered it. It was "a technician from Microsoft" who wanted to help me with a problem with my computer.
"Oh, I'll have to go and turn it on, wait here." I went back to my lunch, taking the phone with me. A few minutes later, I picked up the phone again. "You were right, it is running really slowly. But that's it on now."
He then started to talk me through a series of actions he wanted me to take, with me filling the gaps with "Uhuh" "Right" "Okay" as appropriate. Right up until he asked me what I could see on the screen. Well, I couldn't see anything on the screen, as the computer is upstairs, and the phone downstairs, but if he would wait, I would go and carry out the steps he'd described, then come back and tell him what was on the screen. He seemed a bit exasperated that I didn't have a cordless phone. When I got back to him just a couple of minutes later, it was to ask him to go through the steps again, as I thought I had missed one, only now I had a pen and paper. Newly armed with my written instructions, I set off again. Having tidied up the kitchen, I again picked up the phone. "I've done what you asked, and there's a pop-up window that says 'Windows update needs to restart your computer to finish installing updates.'" Apparently there should have been another window with some text gobbledygook in it. "Oh, okay, I'll go and look." Well, what can I say. I tried to close the update window so I could see the window behind it, by clicking on 'Okay' but that restarted the computer. The tech guy didn't seem too happy. To try to placate him, I kept him appraised of the state of the updates, it seemed to take ages to get to 100%, but we got there eventually. Only, once it had got there, it started installing security packages, twentyseven of them. By the time I had got back to him to tell him that one of twentyseven was installed, he'd hung up.

I got two today. The usual recording of "Yeah, we have been told about an accident you were involved in."

If you acknowledge this, another recording says "just one moment" and then puts you through to a live person.

Both times they abruptly hung up when I asked the bloke what he was wearing. I think "Alan" from deepest, darkest India is uncomfortable discussing such things with me.
The accident ones I always say " is that the one I died in " works a treat

I read the riot act to a Swansea cold-call centre today. The lying bastards told me that we had requested a quote for new windows, so naturally they must have illegally bought my fraudulently-obtained details from some criminal shitbag and I told them what I thought of their tactics and berated them for calling us, even though we're on TPS!

The girl sounded shaken and assured me that we had 'applied' for their obvious double-glazing scam, so I berated her a second time at louder volume... "Would you like to speak to my manager?" "YES I WOULD! Put your lying twat of a boss on the phone and I can call them a **** as well!" :threaten:

Cue another ten minutes of abuse before hanging up in a flounce, feeling very pleased with myself... :strong::thumleft::clap::lol::boogie::pissedoff::rage::headbang:

There was a message from Zero-Alpha on my mobile...

"Darling, I forgot to tell you, but someone might call today about new windows. I e-mailed them yesterday for a quote..."
:pale:
I have to confess I worked in contact centers for years ( though never sales or outbound cold calling ) most of it in complaints / customer care /exec escalations sort of jobs. Had many arguments with many people and while i have been known to bite at times with customers none really stayed with me bar one in my last job and really the one that made me jack it. Working for a firm that processes online transactions and got a call from a dusky earthy chap. Notes on case stated he was awkward and abusive and as i turns out I was called ******* racist white bastard among other things. Call was escalated to my manager who got the same abuse. After much discussion between various manages it was agreed he would be kicked of the system which duly occured. Ban lasted 18 hours til the next day he was escalated to the big boss. Big boss was on the call less than 5 mins. My take was that the manager had seen the turnover this prick had and the fees he was bringing in and caved. This was in the run up to Christmas. The next day we were told it was likely we'd be paid our normal day in Dec ( 28th ) and I was told separately that 2 days id booked off had been cancelled. I dropped my pass on the desk and left.
Anyway point being, when your giving abuse to an agent on the phone, stop and think how much data on you that person is looking at. I hope the gentleman I spoke to on the phone had a long and happy life with his chosen spouse, despite anything that may have arrived on the doormat the following few months