Scam phone calls

Norfolkred1

Old-Salt
I had one a few years ago.
Indian fella, Hi is that Mr N
Me, maybe what the fook do you want
Indian fella. Just ringing to let you know we have found your credit card outside the Take away and as you are a customer I thought I'd better let you know we have it.
Me, Earth swallow me up now.

I had one a few years ago.
Indian fella, Hi is that Mr N
Me, maybe what the fook do you want
Indian fella. Just ringing to let you know we have found your credit card outside the Take away and as you are a customer I thought I'd better let you know we have it.
Me, Earth swallow me up now.

Happened to me when we were in the thick of these scumbags ringing me up........ "Hallo Mr. Manxcat, how are you today ?"

"ALright until you rang up, you twat, go f*ck yourself......."

" I was replying to your quote for a new bathroom....... BRRRRING. "

I was quite annoyed the other day, though....... a reasonably educated Asian, got past my call- blocker.

The cnut knew my full name, address, post code, my wife's name....... same old shit, but it's scary what these twats, 3 thousand sodding miles away, can harvest about you.......

I was quite annoyed the other day, though....... a reasonably educated Asian, got past my call- blocker.

The cnut knew my full name, address, post code, my wife's name....... same old shit, but it's scary what these twats, 3 thousand sodding miles away, can harvest about you.......
I have used data miners before for the business. The depth they can go is frightening. GCHQ must be amazing.

We get those calls on the landline. What is concerning is that outside of BT and the NHS, only three people know the landline number. The scam calls from "BT", when you dial 1471, come up with a genuine BT number. So it seems like someone is cloning the real BT number, which doesn't inspire confidence.

When BT Call Centre was outsourced to India - the incredibly valuable Database was doomed - hence the following years of misery.

I had a Asian lass on the phone saying she was from Virgin money.
I replied, a virgin I can help you out with that

I've just had a call from the National Crime Agency telling me they are going to suspend my National Insurance number as it has been linked to several illegal activities and I'm going to be arrested.

Strangely the person at the other end hung up as soon as I asked who they worked for.

I've just had a call from the National Crime Agency telling me they are going to suspend my National Insurance number as it has been linked to several illegal activities and I'm going to be arrested.

Strangely the person at the other end hung up as soon as I asked who they worked for.
My favorite response is "This is Detective 'name' (made up if they haven't used mine) of the serious fraud office, please stay on the line"

Haven't had that call for a while ..

I had some of those a few weeks ago. Strangely from mobile numbers.

My favorite response is "This is Detective 'name' (made up if they haven't used mine) of the serious fraud office, please stay on the line"

Haven't had that call for a while ..

Just had a call from a London number 020 3475 1282, Chap called "Kevin" claiming to be from the DWP.

"I am calling today to tell you that an arrest warrant in your name has been issued for fraudulent usage of a National Insurance number in relation to illegal activities".

This is Detective Sergeant GreyArea of Merseyside Police Serious Crime Squad - Can you tell me how you got this number?"

"Click - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...."

tiv

LE
Had a few calls from different numbers in the 01202 area code, they hang up when I answer. As I don't know anyone there (Bournemouth) I've now blocked the area code.

Had a few calls from different numbers in the 01202 area code, they hang up when I answer. As I don't know anyone there (Bournemouth) I've now blocked the area code.
Had the same thing yesterday - 01202 137450.

Previously had calls from 01202 818956 & 01202 794773 so the scammers are very active in that area. As I don't know anyone from the Bournemouth area I've now blocked that area code.

Old_Sparky_RE

Old-Salt
01422734078 just called (English voice) saying they were working for the Gov and wanted to come round to do an ‘Energy’ assessment.
A bit disconcerting they knew my name but any company can buy that info from the voting records!
The scam is they come round and you agree to the loft insulation (spray foam under the tiles) with a £5000 Government discount, they do a sh1t job, charge you full whack (and a bit more) and leave you trying to get 5k off the Gov/council.

01422734078 just called (English voice) saying they were working for the Gov and wanted to come round to do an ‘Energy’ assessment.
A bit disconcerting they knew my name but any company can buy that info from the voting records!
The scam is they come round and you agree to the loft insulation (spray foam under the tiles) with a £5000 Government discount, they do a sh1t job, charge you full whack (and a bit more) and leave you trying to get 5k off the Gov/council.
My g/f's daughter got one of those the other day. She said no problem pop round anytime you like as I am working from home. Since you have all the details of where I live you may have noticed where the address says flat 2 which is on the ground floor.

Previously had calls from 01202 818956 & 01202 794773 so the scammers are very active in that area. As I don't know anyone from the Bournemouth area I've now blocked that area code.

I believe they can switch from London to Abedeen to Delhi in the next calls

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer

Random spoofed numbers dialled from a computer.

We've had calls from area codes that don't exist as well as mobile numbers.

Do what we did. Invite them round and when they arrive tell them to **** off, never ring you again and remove you from their database or you will keep inviting them round in order to tell them to **** off. Again.

I might have already mentioned this further up the thread, but having already done this once, my mate was called by the same company for a second time a year after their first visit/being told to **** off. So he invited them around again and this time filmed the doorstep encounter (this time with less swearing), which then got screened by BBC Wales' X-Ray' consumer affairs programme.

Latest Threads