SCAM BEWARE

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by parapete, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [marq=up]GOT THIS EMAIL THOUGHT IT MIGHT INTEREST YOU.

----- Original Message -----
    From: "Col. Christopher John" <colchrisatlas.za@webhosting101.co.cc>
    To: <************>
    Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 5:08 AM
    Subject: ROYAL MARINES

> Hello,
    >
    >
    > I am Colonel Christopher John, a British soldier attached to the Coalition force in Afghanistan ; I am the Commanding Officer Commando Logistic Regiment Royal Marines. What I am about to share with you is very confidential. We intercepted a suspected Taliban group in Lashkar Gah in Helmand Province with some cargoes. The gun battle that ensured led to the death of some while others abandoned their cargo and took to their heals.
    >
    > On a closer examination of the cargos a special consignment containing US$10 Million Dollars in cash was discovered by one of my special agents who took me into confidence. I had considered his prayers for the use of this money for charity and the options available for me as the commander of this regiment. In the heat of the moment, such humane decisions cannot easily be taken hence I have decided to secure this money outside of here and with a distant fellow until I shall have the privilege to be relived of my duty. Therefore, I solicit your assistance to help me receive this money and secure this money in an investment until we are through with our service here then I can come to your country. I have perfected arrangements to ship this money out in one large metallic Boxes to you using Diplomatic courier.
    >
    > We are willing to give you 30% while you will keep the remaining in an investment for us until after our assignment here. Can I trust you? If you are interested send to me via this email your confidential Telephone/fax numbers, your contact details for quick communication. This exchange is 100% risk free. KINDLY DIRECT YOUR REPLY TO MY PRIVATE MAIL BOX : christopjohn@britain.com
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Col. Christopher John
    [/marq]

2. It's A Col.

Can't be anything but legitimate.

3. Looks legit.
    [​IMG]

4. Fck it, I'm in.

5. Royal Marine "special agents"? Some Nigerian has been watching too much NCIS!

6. Is 'Col' short for Colin?

7. msr

msr LE

You're new to the internet, right?

8. No did my first Web Page in 2000.

9. US$10 Million Dollars in cash, WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR!!!
    FFS, these 419 scams are so old hat.

10. Well there's a thing. Mine have been from Sgt. Phillip Newman or Sgt. Bright Galvan - both 'serving Septics' and both went stright to the bollox bin along with the Rev. Sister Titface and President Umbangarassclart etc, etc, etc.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Fool, you don't know what you have missed :D

12. Phew, cheers Papapete, thanks for letting me know it was a scam. Nearly signed up as well.

13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

It must be fake - he said 'took to their heals' instead of 'heels'.

Anyway,

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

14. msr

msr LE

Then stop posting pointless shite. You should know better.

15. hairyhandbag - "Fool, you don't know what you have missed :D "

Bit of a goer then that Sister Titface? :OMG:

No.9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.