Scally Rally- road to Rimming

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Achmed, Aug 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry that should be Rimini, My Oppo and I are doing the scally rally this year to raise funds for Arrse charity.

Basically we have to drive a car worth no more than 100 pounds across Europe to Rimini Italy.

Our paypal account is: beating.chastards@hotmail.co.uk please sponsor us as all proceeds will go to getting the cash via MDN & Spanish Dave to our lads & lasses + their families who need help with out the red tape. :wink:

Yes this is our Heap of shoite

Attached Files:

2. you're taking 3 cars????

3. Na thats just my crap techno skills..one Astra tank is enough LoL

4. The French will surrender when you come off the ferry with that many tanks.

5. Probably get arrested again!!

6. 30 quid so far.... cheers

7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

HTO and Slingsby logos coming by email from 2 different sources 8)

8. Cheers Mate :wink:

9. cheers Lads & Lasses we are up to 45 quid

10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

It's been a slack weekend on ARRSE ... I would hope there will be a few more petrolheads clocking this at work tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing the HTO logo on the Sponsor's webstite listing! But ... strangely ... the website link you provide says the Gimpball Rally happened already, in June 2008. Is there something else we should know about? Like a NEW LINK?

I am now "Confused of Off-Shore" :roll:

[edit = I am a Dork ... THIS ONE IS IT [/edit]

11. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Lets track your progress via the Sgt Slingsby web site interactive mapping facility

I have emailed you some of the logos and images etc but check out the map and stories on the site

The map
    http://www.sgtslingsby.com/component/option,com_gmaps/task,viewmap/Itemid,38/mapId,1/

A typical story that tracks his travels
    http://www.sgtslingsby.com/Personal/Trip-to-Scotland-with-Old-Baldy.html

If you can send images and coordinates whilst en route then great but if not please take loads of photos :D

Use this tool for getting map coordinates

http://www.mashupsoft.com/maps/latlonlocator

Look forward to hearing of your exploits

ps
    Please send me the original file of your chariot via the email I sent the graphics via

12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

An Astra tank... that is pure fcuking genius! Shall I pass the info onto FRES? Could save them years of work, and probably produce a better product.

13. Bruno, i'll send you the secret blue prints for a tenner :wink:

14. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

If it gets me from D to B2, with a tasty bonus, it's well worth it! I used to know some bods in the Dstl FRES team; maybe I should send them the pic...

15. Bruno.....promotion to a higher level is on the cards for aTenner, please send them the Astra Tank and the email address for the paypal account.