SBS Miniature Submarines dangerous to SBS

I'm no rocket scientist, and I know almost nothing of SF Ops.

But at a rough guess, I'd hazard a guess at "being in the Special Boat Service is dangerous" and leave it at that. Other than getting wasted in the Jolly Sailor on Poole Quay, everything they do is flipping dangerous.
There are a few pubs in Poole that are probably more dangerous.

Shock horror proble!

Really scary dangerous people doing really scary dangerous things with really scary dangerous stuff sometimes get hurt.

A mate of mine died in an accident on an SDV off Norway in 2005 - perhaps he was just a 'diving mishap'........

Sainsburys in Boscombe started selling The Morning Star once Comrade Cob became Chairman of the Party. They must be on sale or return as there are normally plenty still there when the place closes at 8.00pm.

I wonder who is funding them considering sales can't be that high?

Incidentally The Jewish Chronicle is kept on another stand.

A mate of mine died in an accident on an SDV off Norway in 2005 - perhaps he was just a 'diving mishap'........
From the little I know of that incident, it was a depth excursion by the SSN he was operating with which caused it, which sounds very much like No 7 on that list, dated 2004.

SBS leader dies in diving accident
2005. Very well respected tmk. When a SDV was pointed out to me it was called an underwater coffin in 2007:
The commanding officer of the Special Boat Service has died after a diving accident in Norway.
Lieutenant Colonel Richard van der Horst died in hospital after encountering difficulties during an amphibious assault exercise in the Narvik area of northern Norway.
The accident happened when Colonel van der Horst was trying to exit a mini-submarine.

OTOH there's a fine line between "this is difficult and we have to accept it goes wrong", and "we're getting sloppy and taking chances for no good reason". So it's worth counting at least.

From the little I know of that incident, it was a depth excursion by the SSN he was operating with which caused it, which sounds very much like No 7 on that list, dated 2004.
Pre mini subs their was a similar incident on one of the O boats in a Scottish lough when the sub encountered a pocket of fresh water and lost depth. IIRC two lads perished then.