Say it isnt so!!

S

syledis

My nephew is going through phase 1 basic right now, and has told his Gran that on Sundays instead of going for dinner, they can order in a Pizza!! And they get to the Naafi more than once a week.

Is he winding his Gran up? If he is then i will be issuing him a chit in lieu of a severe beating until i get home.

Tell me she has got it wrong please.......please.

The days of pyramiding your muskets and sitting round a camp fire listening to some cunt play the penny whistle and singing about seeing Boney are over mate

You want me to chop your meat loaf up small before I empty your catheter bag

S

syledis

The days of pyramiding your muskets and sitting round a camp fire listening to some cunt play the penny whistle and singing about seeing Boney are over mate

You want me to chop your meat loaf up small before I empty your catheter bag
If you would be so kind..

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
No, I used both and a well worn set of 58 was very comfortable and as long as you had a bergen and not the large pack then it was great ~ well until it got wet obviously!

And in other news, times change. You know that forming square isn't too effective against cavalry any more, don't you?
It is, they just lie and call it "All round defence" these days ;-)

No, I used both and a well worn set of 58 was very comfortable and as long as you had a bergen and not the large pack then it was great ~ well until it got wet obviously!
So 58 pattern relied on dry weather and the use of a bergan that wasn't issued as part of the webbing? Still it was comfortable, don't worry about being able to use it. Great! I've used both and PLCE was a massive improvement.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

My nephew is going through phase 1 basic right now, and has told his Gran that on Sundays instead of going for dinner, they can order in a Pizza!! And they get to the Naafi more than once a week.

Is he winding his Gran up? If he is then i will be issuing him a chit in lieu of a severe beating until i get home.

Tell me she has got it wrong please.......please.
In my day Pizza was a bloody tower

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Bergen was as you rightly point out not issued with the webbing, but was issued. I found the largepack useful as a dhobi bag. It became slightly heavier when wet but we were men in those days and barely noticed. As I previously pointed out I too used both and didn't think the PLCE was an improvement, especially when advancing to contact, so we'll just have to agree to differ eh?