Say it isnt so!!

S

syledis

My nephew is going through phase 1 basic right now, and has told his Gran that on Sundays instead of going for dinner, they can order in a Pizza!! And they get to the Naafi more than once a week.

Is he winding his Gran up? If he is then i will be issuing him a chit in lieu of a severe beating until i get home.

Tell me she has got it wrong please.......please.

The days of pyramiding your muskets and sitting round a camp fire listening to some cunt play the penny whistle and singing about seeing Boney are over mate

You want me to chop your meat loaf up small before I empty your catheter bag

S

syledis

The days of pyramiding your muskets and sitting round a camp fire listening to some cunt play the penny whistle and singing about seeing Boney are over mate

You want me to chop your meat loaf up small before I empty your catheter bag
If you would be so kind..

No, I used both and a well worn set of 58 was very comfortable and as long as you had a bergen and not the large pack then it was great ~ well until it got wet obviously!

No, I used both and a well worn set of 58 was very comfortable and as long as you had a bergen and not the large pack then it was great ~ well until it got wet obviously!
So 58 pattern relied on dry weather and the use of a bergan that wasn't issued as part of the webbing? Still it was comfortable, don't worry about being able to use it. Great! I've used both and PLCE was a massive improvement.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

My nephew is going through phase 1 basic right now, and has told his Gran that on Sundays instead of going for dinner, they can order in a Pizza!! And they get to the Naafi more than once a week.

Is he winding his Gran up? If he is then i will be issuing him a chit in lieu of a severe beating until i get home.

Tell me she has got it wrong please.......please.
In my day Pizza was a bloody tower

The Bergen was as you rightly point out not issued with the webbing, but was issued. I found the largepack useful as a dhobi bag. It became slightly heavier when wet but we were men in those days and barely noticed. As I previously pointed out I too used both and didn't think the PLCE was an improvement, especially when advancing to contact, so we'll just have to agree to differ eh?

Latest Threads