Saw a Few Of These Swinging Past The Cenotaph Today

A bloke from the legion had one on today on camp, the daft bit is he already had the GSM NI and his LS&GC.
He did have them on the same side just mounted above the bling one.

Were these commemorative pieces of tat worn by serving soldiers? No? Thought not. A few old boys wear what amounts to badges next to their 'real' gongs and some of you lot are wetting your knickers. Get a grip.

I sat next to a Veteran today in the Legion after we attended the local parade. He had about 15 of the bleeding things all over his jacket. He made Audi Murphy look like a minimalist. I had a little rueful internal shake of the head that he lined the pockets of some opportunist bling merchant, but if he thinks it makes him part of the event, so what?

Non story. Move along folks.

Were these commemorative pieces of tat worn by serving soldiers? No? Thought not. A few old boys wear what amounts to badges next to their 'real' gongs and some of you lot are wetting your knickers. Get a grip.

I sat next to a Veteran today in the Legion after we attended the local parade. He had about 15 of the bleeding things all over his jacket. He made Audi Murphy look like a minimalist. I had a little rueful internal shake of the head that he lined the pockets of some opportunist bling merchant, but if he thinks it makes him part of the event, so what?

Non story. Move along folks.

So you bought one? :)

What were you doing up the Cenotaph? Are you one of them protestors? You should be ashamed of yourself climbing on National Monuments.
Be careful doing that you'll get 16 months.

Bastard panzerknacker wouldn't let me wear my McDonalds Stars......
That bloke in the glasses was wearing three rows of bling and enough badges to make the local scout group cry, he had enough for the whole Parade.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Melchett RLC 8255
BLOODY_TIPRAT The NAAFI Bar 17
Mighty_doh_nut Aviation 5