Saving Web Page

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by oldbaldy, Mar 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I want to save a complete webpage & insert it into another document.
    Saving by 'print screen' only saves that part of the page which is visible.
    I can save the whole page on firefox by using 'scrapbook' but how do I export what I have saved to, say, Powerpoint or onto a 'Word' page?
  2. The trouble here is that to what end do you need to use this saved webpage?

Surely if your using it in Powerpoint, showing the whole of the webpage on a slide is not possible? Would it not therefore be a better idea to take multiple screenshots of the whole page and then stitch them together (Either in a graphics package or just using Powerpoint/Word itself)?
  3. Try the following: (using Firefox)

<File>, <Save Page As.... Ctrl+S>

<File>, <Open File... Ctrl+O>

Highlight saved page.

Right Mouse button, <Copy>

Open new doc, Right mouse button, <Paste>

I find copying directly from a web page using KDE copy feature results in corruption or display of control characters in new doc. Copying from saved pages seems to get round this problem. As I don't have Windoz, I'm only guessing one uses a similar procedure.

I do this often with OO which reformats the web page as it's copied from, in my case 'Klipper - clipboard tool'. ( I use Linux obviously :D )

Hope that helps and I haven't misunderstood.

4. You could use the magnify option on your web browser to shrink the page (e.g. setting it to 25% or 50%) so all of it is displayed in the browser window and then use CTRL-Print Screen to get a screen grab.