SAVING PRIVATE JESSICA LYNCH

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vespa, Apr 2, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. glad  to see she has been rescued and bring some good new to her parents  :)

hope the neanderthalic iraqis hasnt raped her or anything like that  :mad:

ive got a feeling hollywood is going to buy the film rights to the story  ::) only in america !

2. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Agreed. She certainly wasn't issued with the standard British Army "Face-like-a-bulldog-chewing-a wasp and arrse-wide for the use of; 1" that we typically see lolling around the lines.

RSM! Arrange for me to be a BitLO at her unit, and keep the sodding A10's at a safe distance will you, there's a good chap!

3. How about a poll ARRSE hierachy? Who's going to play the lovely Jessica in the film?

;D ::)

4. Glad to see the "no one gets left behind" promise is still being kept.  Well done to all the Spec Ops involved in the operation.

5. [​IMG]

You were saying?......[​IMG] [​IMG]

Seriously...glad she's safe now..... :)

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Waheeey. Wonder if she needs a nice mature, not yet balding ex SNCO to take care of her during her convalescence :D OK I'll get me coat. Stop pushing.

Well done to the spec ops guys though, jobs a good un. 11 out of 10.

7. Guess we can expect that film to go into  pre-production soon then

POW Reportedly Fought Captors With Gun
    By JOE COLEMAN, Associated Press Writer

LANDSTUHL, Germany - Spirited but hungry, rescued prisoner of war Pfc. Jessica Lynch arrived in Germany for treatment of two broken legs and bullet wounds reportedly suffered in a fierce gun battle she waged against her Iraqi captors.

The Washington Post reported Thursday that the 19-year-old Army supply clerk shot several Iraqi soldiers during the March 23 ambush that resulted in her capture. She kept firing even after she had several gunshot wounds, finally running out of ammunition, the newspaper said, citing unidentified U.S. officials.

"She was fighting to the death," the Post quoted an official as saying. "She did not want to be taken alive."

Pentagon officials and family members contacted late Wednesday declined comment on the report.

My money is on Angelina Jollie...

8. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

MDN; ORG, Vespa; Gundolph, keep on topic or it gets deleted!

9. Ummm...if she didn't want to be taken alive...why was she? Give it 6 months for the movie, and it'll be that chick from "Alias".

10. i think the main reason she kept shooting was the prospect of iraqi gang rape   :-/

11. I've met a couple of female USAF "airmen" of about that age in the past  as I'm sure most people have and truely believe that she would've fighted until the end and that its not just some big propoganda story made up like some are suggesting.  I don't think the media are going over the top about her battles and the rescue mission, I just hope instead that any future rescue missions get the same amount of global attention.

12. Go Jessica!! A credit to her unit and to her gender. I suspect her combat skills might come in a tad useful when trying to control 35 unruly 5 year olds........ ;D ;D

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP