Saving pics from WMP

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by MuddyMettle, Mar 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I have a disc of some pictures that are in Windows Media Player formant I.E slideshow, is there a way of saving just the pictures?

When I open the disc from my Computer there are two folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS
    In VIDEO_TS there are Files VIDEO_TS.BUP IFO VOB

Any help?

2. MuddyMettle, what you have there is a dvd as in a vido file. The only way I believe you can extract any photographs is by a screen grab within the the programme you use to play the video. The photos will be of poor quality as there may be up to 12/16 photo frames per second. Maybe someone else can come up with a solution, I will keep checking though. :)

PS: Just typed in "extracting still from video" on IE there is a number of sites that deal with such a problem, maybe you can get a better answer there.
  3. Cheers Jim,

I did use the Print Screen and put it into Power Point but that did not work really.

Will have a look at the sites

4. Why did it not work?
  5. MuddyMettle, just done a screen grab from a programme I use. The programme is Media Player Classic and has a small footprint. If you want it i can send it to you. Saves to wherever you wish in BMP format.

Attached Files:

6. Hi,
    It did work but i had all the screen but just want the pic, i would show you but don't know how to add pic to post?