• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Save The Scottish Regiments Petition

What do I do?

• Ram It?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sign It?

• Stick the sticker on another bloke's car?

• Total voters
Gentlemen,

I received a totally surprising invitation through the post and for my personal attention, no less, to sign the Save The Scottish Regiments petition and a car sticker to boot. Anyway, I am faced with a dilemma, and since the dice aren't doing it for me I thought I would ask my fellow ARRSErs for their advice. Do I:

ram it?
sign it?
stick the sticker on another bloke's car?

Since my views on the STSR are fairly unevenly weighted against this petition, you can probably guess which one I won't be doing.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
barbs said:
Gentlemen,

I received a totally surprising invitation through the post and for my personal attention, no less, to sign the Save The Scottish Regiments petition and a car sticker to boot. Anyway, I am faced with a dilemma, and since the dice aren't doing it for me I thought I would ask my fellow ARRSErs for their advice. Do I:

ram it?
sign it?
stick the sticker on another bloke's car?

Since my views on the STSR are fairly unevenly weighted against this petition, you can probably guess which one I won't be doing.
Barbs, please tell me where this group are from as I would like get involved.

Rod924 said:

Barbs, please tell me where this group are from as I would like get involved.
Not Barbs but this might help?

Petition on line

Here is a letter about the Petition

BLACK WATCH NOT ALLOWED TO PROTEST

23 October 2005 - Scotland on Sunday - Letters Page

ONE of Britain's most famous regiments, The Black Watch, has announced its backing for the Army Board's proposal to make a single large regiment of the six surviving Scottish Infantry Regiments.

While it is hard not to draw the conclusion that The Black Watch has capitulated, serving soldiers - and responsible members of the immediate regimental family alike - do not have the luxury of challenging orders from on high. However much they might abhor the proposals, they have to make the best of things. For this reason our Petition to Parliament takes on even greater significance.

Our petition's first aim is to demand an immediate defence review, with the object of cancelling the proposed infantry cuts from 40 to 36. As Colonel Tim Collins said last week, the army is overstretched and cannot go on meeting the government's champagne expectations on a budget of beer.

We also aim to overturn the proposed amalgamation of the Royal Scots Regiment with The King's Own Scottish Borderers and cancel the single large regiment proposal.

If the Army Board is worried about poor recruiting figures now, just watch them plummet if the famous six become one.

Andrew Hamilton Edinburgh

23 October 2005

Latest Threads