Save the Red Arrows - Government Petition

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Outstanding, Feb 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Government are at it again and trying to get rid of another of our greatest Service assets. make this as big as the Road Tax fiasco, Please sign and pass on:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds/

2. Why. The eejits in red grow-bags are arrogant and bring little to the party...(Discuss)

3. They are a valuable boost to the sales of Oakley sunglasses and Vidal Sassoon hair products!!

4. Im with cuddles on this one, surely the money could be better sent. And whilst we are at it lets get rid of the following:

The Royal Sigs Shite Helmets.
    The RA Flying bummers.
    The Red Devils. Lets face it if we cant afford to put them through jumps post P Coy they are on borrowed time.

And any other pissy display team that the army have!

5. Im with cuddles on this one, surely the money could be better sent. And whilst we are at it lets get rid of the following:

The RA Flying bummers.
    The Red Devils. Lets face it if we cant afford to put them through jumps post P Coy they are on borrowed time.

6. I am afraid there are many other Defence Capabilities under threat that deserve saving first, and before the Red Arrows. No signature from me.

7. Tad unfair - although their dress sense and demeanour might be questionable, they do promote our Forces globally, they are an obvious recruitment tool (!),they are considered (one of) the best in the world and they may be a useful means of attracting potential buyers for their aircraft type.

8. Im with cuddles on this one, surely the money could be better sent. And whilst we are at it lets get rid of the following:

The RA Flying bummers.

9. Hmmn, tricky one...

A fleet of decent airliners to move the troops about in (anything slightly more modern than a Tristar or a VC10) or a bunch of chaps in red grow bags? Which would you rather have?

10. What did you mean?

11. i agree with cuddles as in they dont have anything to offer.

12. They are serving pilots, they signed up as you did in the forces. They are serving our country whether it be "Red Arrows" or not, you all joined up to do the same job, protect Great Britain.

13. All well and good if they want to bore the enemy to death. How exactly do the red arrows contribute to the defence of our great nation.

14. All well and good if they want to bore the enemy to death. How exactly do the red arrows contribute to the defence of our great nation.

15. I think I made this point earlier.