Save the Kings regiment march , Liverpool

I know the BW and STSR campaigns are supporting this. Good to see an English Regiment (well I guess the Liverpool Scottish are a part) being pro-active.

It should be well attended

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
...and after the march, they'll make use of the large numbers to 'steam' the local shopping centre! Watch out for a surplus of DVD players being offloaded on ebay. :wink:

semper said:
February 26th 10.45am St Georges Hall , the King's regiment is having a march to protest against the merger.
if you have time pop down and give your support, if fellow arrse members want to get together, this is your opportunity to show your support.

www.savethekings.co.uk

http://p208.ezboard.com/fsavethescottishregimentsfrm2.showNextMessage?topicID=51.topic

http://www.theblackwatch.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ANNOUNCE&Number=2507&Main=2507
What exactly is the Kingo regimental march? The theme from Brookside? Ferry across the Mersey? :lol:

Save your shoe leather! Stay at home - a lost cause. Without kilts and bagpipes you don't stand a chance, not that the Sweaty Socks will fare any better!

If you're really opposed to it: LEAVE.

LOL

I've no problem with those 'helpful comments', and from semper's point of view it all helps to draw attention to the march on Saturday.

I have no involvement whatsoever with any of the Scottish campaigns, but while 'researching' some of their sites for other reasons I did notice they have people going down to Liverpool, as RCSignals mentioned. A nice bit of cross-border and inter-regimental cooperation, in fact. And good to see the Liverpool Jocks (Kings Regt TA) also mentioned by RCSignals.

I do think this site is a very appropriate forum for members to publicise events like this which will be of interest to some, if not to others.

There is also a planned rally in London, for 9 April

A diary date for everyone

LONDON RALLY - 9 APRIL (Sat) - CONFIRMED
DATE: Sat 9 April
Venue: Trafalgar Square

Other details will be available later this week/early next week such as the route of the march into Trafalgar Square and the 'muster' time and location - currently we are negotiating between either Hyde Park or The War Musuem.

This is THE BIG ONE - we would respectfully ask that as many supporters from ALL UK regiments attend this march and rally to send a message to this Government that our regiments are not for dismantling.

Save your shoe leather! Stay at home - a lost cause
I don't agree. It's over when it's over. Don't forget, 12 weeks ago we were a lost cause.

Mind you, I don't think they appreciated how much political fire support we could call in in a hurry.

Keep fighting Kingo's.

Queensman said:
Save your shoe leather! Stay at home - a lost cause. Without kilts and bagpipes you don't stand a chance, not that the Sweaty Socks will fare any better!
The Liverpool Scottish don't have kilts and bagpipes anymore?

Queensman said:
Are you TCH?

Queensman said:
Are you TCH?[/quote]

No, RCSigs, I'm not TCH. But when my Regiment got f*cked up the arrse the last time round, I left. It's called 'principle'. Probably something that's not much in evidence in todays Bliarite Army.

We fought a fight for both our survival and the truth via our outstanding Colonel of the Regiment with the Chief of the Defence Staff, one Field Marshall Lord Inge and his collection of other little single battalion lickspittles on the Army Board, who all behaved in the most atrocious manner. I'd made my feelings known then, and felt that I could no longer belong to an organisation that was led by such a corrupt self-serving and spiteful cnut.

Now that, Queensman, is one hell of a post!

Keep fighting Kingos?? When have the Kingos needed to be asked to keep fighting? Stop fighting I (Barry?) grant you...

If you are planning on attending the march, do make sure your car is securely locked...perhaps Liverpool ACF could provide small boys to mind supporters cars for them?

All joshing apart, good luck to you in your fight. However I fear that Gordon, BLiar and Buff are as intransigant on this one as they are on every other error of judgement they have ever made. They put the "o" not only in opportunist but also in obstinate!!

Queensman said:
No, RCSigs, I'm not TCH. But when my Regiment got f*cked up the arrse the last time round, I left. It's called 'principle'. Probably something that's not much in evidence in todays Bliarite Army.

We fought a fight for both our survival and the truth via our outstanding Colonel of the Regiment with the Chief of the Defence Staff, one Field Marshall Lord Inge and his collection of other little single battalion lickspittles on the Army Board, who all behaved in the most atrocious manner. I'd made my feelings known then, and felt that I could no longer belong to an organisation that was led by such a corrupt self-serving and spiteful cnut.
then all the more reason to keep the fight up. No reason they should be comfortable in this.

RCSignals said:
The Liverpool Scottish don't have kilts and bagpipes anymore?
RCSignals, veering slightly off topic but I imagine they won't have kilts for ORs, as I understand the issue of No 2 dress items ceased for TA some time ago. Also guessing that offrs still wear kilts for No2 dress and mess kit.

Re bagpipes, I would think impossible to maintain a serving pipe band as they have not been a Bn since around 1967; also imagine they would be delighted to have a coy piper if there is one in the ranks. I am certain they have pipers at appropriate occasions. There has been an active Regimental Association pipe band, although I havent heard the latest on that - suppose there will be pipers at the march on Saturday.

History of the Regt, up to and including their current guise, on their active Regtl Museum website: http://www.liverpoolscottish.org.uk/

returning you to the studio...

Thanks hackle. From that site it seems they had highland dress as recent as 1999, but it isn't clear if they still do.

Reading from elsewhere, I think there's a very good chance that some form of P+D will be in attendance at the parade.

semper said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4299397.stm

the parade went well, lots of Scots turned up and many ex kings, some cadets have turned up, also some from the south including one from Ireland !
all in all a good turn out , I estimate about 400 ish there.
I heard from someone who was there that about 100 Scots showed up, and there were about 1000 kings supporters in attendance.

Good showing!

Latest Threads