Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Resurgam, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Yes great idea ditch 3 jock regiments, they always complain about fighting our battles anyway

2. A point worth debating

3. Not necessarily a good idea

4. Are you mad what would they do with all the cannon fodder from Glasgow

5. We know where you live

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why should we save the jock regiments. There are proportionally more of them per head of population that English regiments and they are the ones with the worst recruiting history over the last 5 years.

I vote we start a campaign to ditch 3 jock regiments and only 1 English regiment.

Makes sense does it not?

Who is with me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
  2. Jesus !

Standby for incoming me thinks 8O
  3. Why don't we try to save everyone.
  4. Thats a nice sentiment axeman, but it aint gonna happen.
  5. Which three are we saving? Anyone know yet! DInf have to come up with the plan by October.
  6. It doesn't matter as long as they are not Jocks :lol:
  7. I had expected better fishing than this :evil:
  8. I can't agree with the poll...I have never found Jocks ever reluctant to either complaint OR fight.

This will stir it up with the Sweaty Socks...

To move 6 Bns (BW, R Scots, A & SH, KOSB, Highlanders & RHF) into 5 will involve voluntary redundancy and non-replacement of personnel leaving.

For one Jock Bn, salvation is easy if they act swiftly and boldly.

The Fijians will certainly not be voting with their feet because the money is important to those back home & they are in until pension. So RHF, rename yourself the Royal Highland Fijians, you will have full manning forever and your future will be assured. You'll win a few rugby trophies too !

Sorted !
  9. Thats cos your so obviously fishing............. 8) You need to be more disengenous :roll:
  10. I know but I naively (sp) thought I would get a few more bites.
    In truth I actually believe that there is some sense in the suggestion. The English are always too ready to accept the shower of sand kicked in their faces whilst out porridge eating chums kick up a stink and normally get away with it.

Yet again the English will be led calmly to the slaughter and accept it

AAh well One Day
  11. Why the hell are we still recruiting so many foreigners when we're about to ditch a sizeable chunk of the armed forces?

In my unit we have Fijians, Gurkhas and a few from Ghana, Guyana and St Helena (and Wales :wink:) as well as Kiwis and Afrikaaners. Some are good guys but it's still fundamentally wrong to make our own countrymen redundant while bringing people in from other lands!

Instead of cutting a couple of infantry regts, perhaps they should stop recruiting in foreign countries and the ones we have should have limitations on their contracts i.e. 5 or 6 yr S-type engagements then byebye.

But let's face it - it doesn't matter who kicks a stink up - the decisions have already been made and Tony BLiar is certainly no patriot - all he wants is to spout some platitudes about "blah blah more streamlined forces...a much safer place....ready for anything...21st equipment etc etc" and in about 2 or 3 years he'll bin the job and become Lord BLiar of Pennsylvania with a huge pension, rich wife, book deals and have a nice little earner during his US-backed stint as President of the EU. Does anyone think he gives a toss about the British public. Of course not, he's a lawyer for christssake.