Save the Chicken (and other meat)

I eat meat, and my family eats meat. I have no problem with it and enjoy it.

What I don't do, personally, and which I have drilled into my kids not to do, is leave any meat. Leave vegetables by all means, but eat the meat that is on the plate. An animal as died for that meal, and the least we can do is actually consume it.
Left over food - what’s that?

Its probably got a "brain" smaller than a pea and yet these fcuking animal rights people, Jamie Oliver and a bus load of other cnuts think Chickens have some sort of human awareness.

Here is some deluded oxygen thief confronting the "richest man on earth" about the treatment of Chickens!

Chicken Love

Do these people really think that a Chicken in a cage the size of a shoebox sits there thinking "oh this is grim, oh im going to die here, oh i have a cramp, this is inhumane, if only i could fly, I wish i was outside, oh what wouldn't I give for a perch.....".

I dont mind people breeding better tasting meat, however I have a few comments:

I am yet to tell the difference in taste between a cage egg and a free range one.
You might get a slightly better looking free range chicken carcass than a battery hen, but I couldnt really pick the difference in a pepsi challenge.

Beef burger/Sausage, aside from those evil canned ones of mechanically separated meat which include gristle, tastes no difference especially as sausages add flavors.

Veal is tasty, did the little Cow stand their thinking, Oooh im starving to death, Im going to die, my parents and siblings will be so upset, I hope I meet god?

No!

Get a grip people.
Well the meat is firmer, doesn't shrink so much and a there is a universe of taste between the fast bred industrial beef and beef that grew up in normal time ideally in a meadow. Same applies to chicken, pig and all other animals eatable.
I do like my meat from species apropriate husbandry.

Well the meat is firmer, doesn't shrink so much and a there is a universe of taste between the fast bred industrial beef and beef that grew up in normal time ideally in a meadow. Same applies to chicken, pig and all other animals eatable.
I do like my meat from species apropriate husbandry.
The worst is bacon - some of them shrink and ooze out gross looking white stuff. I'd rather pay 50P extra for better quality stuff.

I just had a piece of fried chicken and some fries as a treat on this wet and miserable day. I ordered two pieces and they gave me three and I managed to finish only one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tired_Tech The Intelligence Cell 122
MrBane The Intelligence Cell 87
Camm1 Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 12