Save the Chicken (and other meat)

Its probably got a "brain" smaller than a pea and yet these fcuking animal rights people, Jamie Oliver and a bus load of other cnuts think Chickens have some sort of human awareness.

Here is some deluded oxygen thief confronting the "richest man on earth" about the treatment of Chickens!

Chicken Love

Do these people really think that a Chicken in a cage the size of a shoebox sits there thinking "oh this is grim, oh im going to die here, oh i have a cramp, this is inhumane, if only i could fly, I wish i was outside, oh what wouldn't I give for a perch.....".

I dont mind people breeding better tasting meat, however I have a few comments:

I am yet to tell the difference in taste between a cage egg and a free range one.
You might get a slightly better looking free range chicken carcass than a battery hen, but I couldnt really pick the difference in a pepsi challenge.

Beef burger/Sausage, aside from those evil canned ones of mechanically separated meat which include gristle, tastes no difference especially as sausages add flavors.

Veal is tasty, did the little Cow stand their thinking, Oooh im starving to death, Im going to die, my parents and siblings will be so upset, I hope I meet god?

No!

Get a grip people.

If you can't taste the difference between cheap factory farmed chicken, and some chicken from your local butchers or village cooperative then your taste buds must be lacking

Trust me on this one.
Natural farming makes a difference.
There is an award winning butcher/poulterer called Patricks of Camelon but a 5 minute walk from us.
Expensive yes...and something of a luxury given a full grown free range chicken that has run around it's "home" in the Lothians in the fresh air etc.....costs nearly £7.00 to £8.00 depending on weight.
Eggs? Completely different flavour & yolk colour. Double yolks not uncommon just as they were when I collected them on a farm in Arran back in the 50's/60's..
Their red & white meat products from local natural farming are on another planet.
Their bacon does not even sweat water-injected salts...the sort of revolting white slimes we get.
I 100% agree these animals are no more intelligent than the Death Camp ones, but by 'eck they cook & taste on another level.
Problem is, I can go to Tescon's meat counter once a fortnight, spend around maybe £40.00 on a variety of stuff to slow-cook for the freezer.....and it would easily cost double at Patricks.....

Last edited:
Its probably got a "brain" smaller than a pea and yet these fcuking animal rights people, Jamie Oliver and a bus load of other cnuts think Chickens have some sort of human awareness.

Here is some deluded oxygen thief confronting the "richest man on earth" about the treatment of Chickens!

Chicken Love

Do these people really think that a Chicken in a cage the size of a shoebox sits there thinking "oh this is grim, oh im going to die here, oh i have a cramp, this is inhumane, if only i could fly, I wish i was outside, oh what wouldn't I give for a perch.....".

I dont mind people breeding better tasting meat, however I have a few comments:

I am yet to tell the difference in taste between a cage egg and a free range one.
You might get a slightly better looking free range chicken carcass than a battery hen, but I couldnt really pick the difference in a pepsi challenge.

Beef burger/Sausage, aside from those evil canned ones of mechanically separated meat which include gristle, tastes no difference especially as sausages add flavors.

Veal is tasty, did the little Cow stand their thinking, Oooh im starving to death, Im going to die, my parents and siblings will be so upset, I hope I meet god?

No!

Get a grip people.
WTF are you talking about - have your taste buds been completely screwed? I can easily taste the difference between el cheapo chicken and the good stuff. They just are better.

Trust me on this one.
Natural farming makes a difference.
There is an award winning butcher/poulterer called Patricks of Camelon but a 5 minute walk from us.
Expensive yes...and something of a luxury given a full grown free range chicken that has run around it's "home" in the Lothians in the fresh air etc.....costs nearly £7.00 to £8.00 depending on weight.
Eggs? Completely different flavour & yolk colour. Double yolks not uncommon just as they were when I colleted them on a farm in Arran back in the 50's/60's..
Their red & white meat products from local natural farming are on another planet.
Their bacon does not even sweat water-injected salts...the sort of revolting white slimes we get.
I 100% agree these animals are no more intelligent than the Death Camp ones, but by 'eck they cook & taste on another level.
Problem is, I can go to Tescon's meat counter once a fortnight, spend around maybe £40.00 on a variety of stuff to slow-cook for the freezer.....and it would easily cost double at Patricks.....
Red & White meat you say,........ Haway the chickens.
You have definitely sold this to me.

But then again
Parmo1-1024x893.jpg

Eat and enjoy meat and poultry if you will - there is no justification for inflicting unnecessary suffering on animals

Last edited:

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
I have had to give up red meat, prawns shrimps and lamb ..... I got gout !

Didnt some celebrity chef do a flavour test on battery and free range hen eggs ? no one could tell the difference.

WTF are you talking about - have your taste buds been completely screwed? I can easily taste the difference between el cheapo chicken and the good stuff. They just are better.
No detail for brevity but the last four hours of a large broiler house chicken are usually pretty f# cking grim.
Chicken I don’t categorically know about but high Adrenalin levels in red meat definitely affect taste and keeping qualities. So it’s a fair bet that that helps to explain why so much cheap chicken just ain’t good eating.
As a quick example as to just how cheap some chicken starts off as.
A couple of years ago the MAN dealership had a truck from Romania rock up with a fridge full of chilled chicken on the back and a set of stripped drive belts on the tractor unit ( fan belts etc).
Non of the drivers cards were any use, ( the bill was about £300) so after a phone call back home the drivers boss offered to settle he bill in chicken.
It turns out that the birds ( en route to jockland for processing) after being grown and fed, slaughtered and transported across Europe, stood the processer at 47pence each.!!!
Not much margin for welfare there.
We no longer buy cheap chicken! And can taste the difference.

Oh FFS, the other day my Aussie flatties got into an argument as it should be called a Parma or a Parmy!
That's why we shipped all these gene-pool crims of a couple of centuries back.
We could do with shipping a few hundred thousand more.
Simpson Desert seems reasonable.

I have killed off most of my taste buds over the years with cigarettes and spicy food but even I can tell the difference between a cheapo value banger and a good one.
The texture is different for a start, let alone the flavour.

I try and avoid cheap meat like the plague. I am lucky that I live in an area that still has a couple of decent butchers. I also have a local farmer who supplies me with the odd half lamb or pig for the freezer.

Decent meat is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Cheap bacon goes to nothing when you cook it.

I eat meat, and my family eats meat. I have no problem with it and enjoy it.

What I don't do, personally, and which I have drilled into my kids not to do, is leave any meat. Leave vegetables by all means, but eat the meat that is on the plate. An animal as died for that meal, and the least we can do is actually consume it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The Intelligence Cell 122
MrBane The Intelligence Cell 87
Camm1 Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 12