Save RnR Island

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Good CO, Jun 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Ladies and Gentlemen, the time has come. Please have a read here, spread the word, raise funds and go recruiting!:

I will create mudguards for SL Supports ("Virtual Warrior"?)

and we will work out a way to get SL on the front page of the site in another tab - perhaps some small rotating images, but:

"Save RnR Island"!
  2. 20 squid chucked in the pot

RnR needs a brothel....

Ive had a play creating my own, purely to see what weirdos visit it (and generate some income to pay for SL fees) quite successful especially if you have the BDSM kit for sale as well as free use... :twisted:

It generates quite a few visitors if advertised right and should help bring a small income in. Add a group for it at 100L$ and people will remember to come back.

The French are well up for it, as are the Germans... not forgetting the Septics..

Get Sluggy on (with Bigbird) and you'll never have to worry about fees again.. well.. unless Sluggy or Bigbird get a Microphone..... :D

Dodgy virtual whores the lot of 'em..
  3. 20 of your Earth pounds in the pot.

If only some of the old faces would come back and play. The Island has developed since the early days. If you've not been there in a while pop back. It might surprise you!
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

50 quid in the pot. I don't have enough time to get there very often but I do think it's a good idea to maintain it.

I'll try and pop in this evening and see how its come on since I last visited.
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

By 'eck lads - that were quick. Thank you!

The problem with charging small amounts is that the admin involved costs more than the return. 100 linden is about 30p I think!

To keep the thing running I think we need to try and do it in good old fashioned pounds, and encourage regulars on the island to throw at least £1 in the hat. Most people will if they're getting enjoyment from it and realise how costly it is.

So thank you. Do you think I should make "Virtual Warrior" mudguards for ARRSE avatars?

I will look at getting SL thumbnails on the front page today.
  6. Are we likely to see you on the Island again Boss? A King should visit his Knigdom every now and then.

It might be time for a RnR Island Reunion Party. Might I suggest that we all get together on Friday 13th (!!!) June at 1900hrs (UK time) at the new club (The Wharf). 80's rock music and dancing, and the chance to gob off at each other while some of you lot get your willys out ('cos I know you will...)
  7. 20 Quid on the way GCO.
  8. trying to hack the family paypal, wait one, i'll get there with something!
  9. (Good CO in disguise)

Hi - I set up a dedicated paypal and will look at standing orders and so on. I'm going to get the take Future ARRSE on tonight then will come back to you and we'll do and get thumbnails on the front page to pulicise the island. I can also do the mudguards if there isa demand!
  10. If you can get me a 512x512 square signboard in texture format I will put it up in front of my nightclub. It'll end up on a 4.5x4.5 meter flat prim, so that should be something visible to gawkers. People are bound to spot it there, unless their eyes are locked on the nekkid dancers.

I can even put one up inside the club.

(Gunner Bashly on SL)
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Views on supporter mudguards?
  12. "RnR Islander" or "RnR Island Inhabitant" might be good.
  13. I wish I could, but my old steam powered 'puter just crashes everytime I try to get into 2nd life....
  14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Mmmmm.... debatable as they're quite small so I'll leave them unless I get more hassle.
  15. Cool! :D