Save Millions!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by CrapSpy, Jun 22, 2010.

1. SPV400

2. FP Ocelot

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Army is embarking on no doubt a lengthy and expensive process in order to select one of these two vehicles:

Can we save them the bother?
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I like the top one, it appears to come with a little man with a gun of some sort, how novel.
  3. Haven't we got enough wagons that do almost the same thing as those?
  4. Which one is which?

My son says; 'I like the bottom one, its got titchy headlights.'
  5. They're the SNATCH replacement.
  6. SPV400 is the top one.
  7. Do they come in other colours i think purple would be nice, and do they have cup holders for latte etc, and do they come with various options for the seat covers?
  8. I think the Ocelot has some US backing, so that would be the one with the bucket sized cup holders.
  9. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

The bottom one looks a lot better.

And it looks a lot easier to get into and out of - it has steps, as opposed to the top one where it looks like you have to jump...
  10. If it's anything like the normal procurement process,none of you have asked the right question.

Which one is the cheapest!

Personally,I would go for the bottom design,the anti-mine Vee profile is unclutered,allowing the blast to flow over the underbody,the top one appears to have stowage boxes underneath,so one blast,no brewing kit,shabby design. 8O
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I've seen something similar to those before:

12. Yes, and then somehow manage to make it cost twice the amount of the (originally) more expensive one.
  13. Given our economic climate, I'd argue for the British one, providing it can meet the spec and isn't overpriced. We need all the jobs we can get.
  14. mattyw

mattyw Old-Salt Reviewer

15. They're both British, really.

Ricardo are the prime for Ocelot, with Force Protection Europe providing design expertise.