Saudis plan 560-mile fence across border with Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saudis plan 560-mile fence across border with Iraq
    Khaleej Times Link

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I guess they figure pencil lines on a map of the peninsula are too easily erased, might as well reinforce them with some wire, that will make them real :roll:
  3. I'll bet the gates will have one way turnstiles on them.

I dont think Saudi has a problem with terrorists coming in, me thinks it may be the other way round.

Its a bit like the IRA building a big fence around South Armagh and announcing they dont want naughty people upsetting their rural, peaceful and law abiding way of life.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I hope no Saudi Arabian EVER EVER complains about the security fence the Jews are stringing around Israel to separate them from Palestinians/Arabs.
  5. Wonder if the Saudis will build their fence before the US starts on their Mexican border?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I guess it depends whether Saudi Arabia intends to use the fence to annex other people's land, or as an extension of a policy of effective apartheid doesn't it?

I think Iraq should respond in the British fashion - with 560 miles of close planted drought resistant leylandii along their side of the border. That and some tutting at the workers building the fence.
  7. Can someone please explain to me how 500miles of chicken wire is more effective than hundreds of thousands of square miles of fecking desert?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Beat me to it!
  9. Why are you worrying about it at this late stage?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.