Saudi women get the vote

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Sep 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hardly the thin edge of the wedge considering it's for Municiple elections & they have limited powers in any case.
  2. Welcome to the post medieval, scumbags.
  3. At least they're still not allowed to drive. (Hmmm, wonder where it says in the Koran that women can't drive cars?)
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Probably the same place that says they can!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. One of the links on that page says that technically they are allowed to drive, it's just the force of a medieval culture that keeps them from doing it - I'm not sure if that's better or worse, personally.
  6. Fecking women's lib, better not catch on here!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nor are they allowed to be outside without an accompanying male relative.

In other words, they can now vote if their menfolk are prepared to let them.
  8. I asked this of a mullah many moons ago… (you see what I did there? ;P)

Women rode beasts of burden, Aisha rode a camel, whereas horses were for men doing blokey fighting stuff, QED: Horses are men only kit.

Moving smartly onwards, cars replaced horses as the new blokey ride. QED: Cars are men only kit.

Makes perfect theocratic sense apparently.=|
  9. So they can drive Transits then?

There could be a business opportunity here for a smart man - pink Transit vans could be the newest and most numerous vehicles on Riyadh's streets!
  10. If a Camel is ok...

A woman can drive
  11. I think it was the thought of women gripping phallic gearknobs that gave them the vapours.;P
  12. So we're not going to see them roaring around Riyadh on Harleys anytime soon then?
    Pity, that.
  13. "So, do I put my thumb print here Abdul?"
    "No you daft bint, THERE, same as I done on my paper, Oy Vey! what a Mong"
    "Is that right now dear?"
    "thats it love, now you,ve voted, great feeling, innit?"
    "Ohhh Yes Abdul, now I feel FREE"
    "Yeah right, now **** off home and get my Cous Cous ready afor I belt you one"