Saudi Journalist Disappears in Saudi Consulate in Turkey

There might be more of a chance of the course of justice proceeding given that the suspect has been detained in France.

Had he been detained in the UK, we may well have done the usual thing and folded under whatever diplomatic 'pressure' the Saudis felt they could exert.

There might be more of a chance of the course of justice proceeding given that the suspect has been detained in France.

Had he been detained in the UK, we may well have done the usual thing and folded under whatever diplomatic 'pressure' the Saudis felt they could exert.
We will see, as the spider said I the fly. I wouldn’t underestimate Saudi’s persuasiveness nor France, the opportunity to do us in the eye.

Not buying Arms?

Not buying Arms?

Well funnily enough Saudi Arabia' first commercial helicopter op called The Helicopter Company flies Leonardo AW139 (my pic below from Dubai Air Show 2019)
1638909475389.png

1638909502614.png

Has ordered no less than 26 x Airbus Helicopters H145 H5 five bladed version and H160.

It does not take a genius to figure out how (not if) this major albeit civilian deal is going to pan out in lieu of the arrest of said gent.

Cheers

Would this victim be the same jamal kashoggi who was bin laden's best friend and funder of daesh ? I
I really hope he died slowly.

ches

LE
Would this victim be the same jamal kashoggi who was bin laden's best friend and funder of daesh ? I
I really hope he died slowly.

Care to provide some decent evidence of that?

As an aside, Al-Q & Daesh were/are pretty ideologically incompatible. Witnessed by some of the rhetoric from Al-Q some years ago when Daesh were at their zenith.

As an aside, Al-Q & Daesh were/are pretty ideologically incompatible. Witnessed by some of the rhetoric from Al-Q some years ago when Daesh were at their zenith.

Indeed.

AQ-I (from whom DAESH sprung) were led by Zarqawi, whose sectarianism earnt a rebuke from Ayman al-Zawahiri (current emir of AQ).

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Indeed.

AQ-I (from whom DAESH sprung) were led by Zarqawi, whose sectarianism earnt a rebuke from Ayman al-Zawahiri (current emir of AQ).

All slightly confused by the fact that AQ let AQ-I use their name as a franchise, of course.

Regardless, saying Khashoggi was bezzers with UBL is like saying Laura Kuenssberg was bezzers with Jeremy Corbyn just because she covered him as a journalist.

All slightly confused by the fact that AQ let AQ-I use their name as a franchise, of course.

Regardless, saying Khashoggi was bezzers with UBL is like saying Laura Kuenssberg was bezzers with Jeremy Corbyn just because she covered him as a journalist.

Indeed.

I think the Bin Laden thing comes from -
Khashoggi was embedded with bin Laden’s circle of associates, traveled extensively with the al-Qaeda leader in Afghanistan and wrote one of the first profiles of him for a Saudi magazine in 1988, after being personally invited by bin Laden to accompany him into Afghanistan, according to Peter Bergen, author of the book “The Osama bin Laden I Know.”

I keep meaning to get his new book, but for some reason it wasn't available -

The relationship between kashoggi and bin laden is well documented. Just drop the names into any search
engine.

Quelle surprse....mistaken identity

Slightly digressing theres a bit of a hump with this lol

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The relationship between kashoggi and bin laden is well documented. Just drop the names into any search
engine.
Yes ... he covered and interviewed him as a Saudi journalist.

It went much further than that as the yahoo podcast referenced in that daily mail report clarifies. Kashoggi was a hard line islamofascist with proven links to the Muslim brotherhood.

Last edited:
It went much further than that as the yahoo podcast referenced in that daily mail report clarifies. Kashoggi was a hard line islamofascist with proven links to the Muslim brotherhood.

Genuine question, their references for that?

Several places I have been in, the Brotherhood is used as a general boogy-man.

Disagreement with the state = membership of the Botherhood.

It also differs regionally, with some being semi-tolerated in some states whilst others will get you locked up or executed.

Being slightly catty, I doubt the Mail could tell Sayidd Qutb and Milestones from Rod, Jane and Freddy on Jackanory.

Genuine question, their references for that?

Several places I have been in, the Brotherhood is used as a general boogy-man.

Disagreement with the state = membership of the Botherhood.

It also differs regionally, with some being semi-tolerated in some states whilst others will get you locked up or executed.

Being slightly catty, I doubt the Mail could tell Sayidd Qutb and Milestones from Rod, Jane and Freddy on Jackanory.
Given that Khashoggi worked for a major American newspaper and lived in the US, it would be rather surprising of he were considered to be particularly dodgy at the time by anyone who was well informed on the issue.

Khashoggi's main failing was that he tended to say exactly what he thought. That is a very dangerous habit to get into when dealing with a government like that of Saudi Arabia.