• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Saudi girl, 13, sentenced to 90 lashes

Avre said:
Yikes !

Makes extra's seem like a holiday !
Every day we think this country is going down the toilet (it is), some whacko shows up to let us know how far we have to fall. I particularly liked:

The punishment is harsher than tha (sic) dished out to some robbers and looters.
I hates them, I does, gollum.

The headline neglects to mention that she assaulted her head teacher when caught with the phone, not saying that makes it any less evil, just that the headline is deliberatly misleading.

billybongo said:
How the fuck did mohammed develop a law about mobile phones 1600 years ago?
Under Saudi's Sharia or Islamic law, flogging is mandatory for a number of moral offences such as adultery or being alone in the company of an unrelated person of the opposite sex. But it can also be used at the discretion of judges as an alternative or in addition to other punishments.
My bold.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Ooh, arrse is so contrary. Chav teenager gets pulled by headmistress for having a mobile in class and assualts the head teacher. If that was Mansfiled there would be calls for mass graves and chav culls. Because the Saudis actually do it suddenly its a bad thing.

Does anyone know what crime they crucify people for?

I love the way the Mail puts Gordon Brown next to the King in the photo, although it has no relevance to the story.

"Look! Broon with the Anti-Christ!"

Alsacien

MIA
Bouillabaisse said:
Ooh, arrse is so contrary. Chav teenager gets pulled by headmistress for having a mobile in class and assualts the head teacher. If that was Mansfiled there would be calls for mass graves and chav culls. Because the Saudis actually do it suddenly its a bad thing.

Not being a member of the wahabi tribe is one of the qualifying criteria...extra points earned for being a foreigner.

The recent guys were child rape and the other for murder, abduction and homosexual intercourse.

Tango said:
billybongo said:
How the fuck did mohammed develop a law about mobile phones 1600 years ago?
Under Saudi's Sharia or Islamic law, flogging is mandatory for a number of moral offences such as adultery or being alone in the company of an unrelated person of the opposite sex. But it can also be used at the discretion of judges as an alternative or in addition to other punishments.
My bold.
It's not the punishment; it's the conviction (and a dollop of sarcasm).

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bouillabaisse said:

I don't think they actually crucify people to death, I've heard it is more of an after party event once someone has been beheaded.

Alsacien

MIA
Ravers said:
Bouillabaisse said:

I don't think they actually crucify people to death, I've heard it is more of an after party event once someone has been beheaded.
Partial beheading followed by public display of the corpse on an X shaped cross for 3 days ................

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Alsacien said:
The recent guys were child rape and the other for murder, abduction and homosexual intercourse.
Presumeably kidnap, rape and murder of another man, hence the homosexual intercourse bit. I suppose crucifixion cuts down on the reoffending rate.

Why is the Mail (hang, flog and deport) running this story?

Like a couple of others have said, she assaulted the teacher on getting a bollocking for having contraband (said mobile, banned under her school rules). It ultimately has bugger all to do with the mobile itself. What should they have done? What we do here, sweet feck all but maybe an apology to the offender for inconveniencing them with rules? I guarantee she's going to think twice before kicking off again.
A few lashes with the cane sorted out people here in the old days untill the numpties pushed that one out and look at what's going on now.

Latest Threads