Saudi Arabia focus of terrorist funding report, but Home Office may not publish report due to...

I didn't mean you Hector or many in the Civil Service but I trust you get the gist, the deliberate failure to confront an obvious problem for whatever reason, always ends in catastrophe and this time is is everything that has been built over a millennia that is at stake.
You're in full Hoover mode, I've tried pointing you to where this was going to go since the fist post. There's nothing new here at all.

The relevant bits IMO, first:

Having taken advice, I have decided against publishing the classified report produced during the review in full. This is because of the volume of personal information it contains and for national security reasons. We will be inviting privy councillors from the opposition parties to the Home Office to have access to classified report on privy council terms.

Doesn't necessarily imply KSA are behind the national security reasons and the report is available to privy councillors - they can't speak about it of course. Most funding is home based.

i. The most common source of support for Islamist extremist organisations in the UK is from small, anonymous public donations, with the majority of these donations most likely coming from UK-based individuals. In some cases these organisations receive hundreds of thousands of pounds a year. This is the main source of their income. Those giving may not know or support the organisations’ full agenda.

And below which does point at KSA, could also be Pakistan.
n.

v. Overseas support has allowed individuals to study at institutions that teach deeply conservative forms of Islam and provide highly socially conservative literature and preachers to the UK’s Islamic institutions. Some of these individuals have since become of extremist concern.

Extremism:Written statement - HCWS39
Oh perlease, the relevant points are so vague as to be virtually meaningless.

The national security considerations - Why no redacted version, then?

Funding sources - Entirely vague. ...most likely coming from UK-based individuals. Far too vague to have any meaning. How do we know? By what means and on what basis have the sources of contributions been apportioned? What are the totals? Are we talking disposable cash? Who is responsible for the funding of sympathetic madrassas, mosques, religious foundations and charities? Vague, vague, vague.

If we accepted that the overwhelming majority of funding emanated from home, then we have a far worse internal problem than we had ever conceived.

And below which does point at KSA, could also be Pakistan.
Vitually indistinguishable. Pakistani fundamentalism is funded by the KSA and protected by Pakistani internal security. Pakistan has been the principle executive arm of Saudi Salafism for some years.

I didn't mean you Hector or many in the Civil Service but I trust you get the gist, the deliberate failure to confront an obvious problem for whatever reason, always ends in catastrophe and this time is is everything that has been built over a millennia that is at stake.
The CS can only implement the will of the elected ministers, while trying to steer them away from bloody stupid ideas.
If there was the political will to address this, then it would be implemented.
We can recommend action, but we cannot authorise it, because we are not the elected ones.
Ministers are responsible to the PM, so ultimately the decision has to come from the top.
Until the PM of the day is willing to open that can of worms (and they won't until the political climate is right) we can't act.

You're in full Hoover mode, I've tried pointing you to where this was going to go since the fist post. There's nothing new here at all.
This amazingly is not about you, it is about a subject for others to learn about and discuss, start your own thread.

Funding sources - Entirely vague. ...most likely coming from UK-based individuals. Far too vague to have any meaning.
Indeed

How do we know? By what means and on what basis have the sources of contributions been apportioned? What are the totals? Are we talking disposable cash? Who is responsible for the funding of sympathetic madrassas, mosques, religious foundations and charities? Vague, vague, vague.
Indeed

If we accepted that the overwhelming majority of funding emanated from home, then we have a far worse internal problem than we had ever conceived.
Indeed

Vitually indistinguishable. Pakistani fundamentalism is funded by the KSA and protected by Pakistani internal security. Pakistan has been the principle executive arm of Saudi Salafism for some years.
Indeed

Don't forget that TMPMs HO 'may' have given grants to various organisations for community work and 'may' not have tracked expenditure too well.
What jumping into bed with temporary allies of convenience and not fully understanding where they come from or what they want?

That such a thing could happen!

An article from a former UK Ambassador to Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia boosting extremism in Europe, says former ambassador

Saudi Arabia has been funding mosques throughout Europe that have become hotbeds of extremism, the former British ambassador to Saudi Arabia Sir William Patey has said.

Patey said he did not believe Saudi Arabia was directly funding terrorist groups, but rather an ideology that leads to extremism,

They are not funding terrorism. They are funding something else, which may down the road lead to individuals being radicalised and becoming fodder for terrorism

“What the World Association [sic] of Muslim Youth and the Muslim World League are doing is funding mosques and promoting an ideology – the Salifist Wahhabist ideology.”

Patey, who was the UK ambassador to Riyadh from 2006 to 2010 and previously head of the Foreign Office Middle East desk,

Saudi Arabia boosting extremism in Europe, says former ambassador

Lots of soft shoe shuffle there,

again Saudi Arabia is the Salifist Wahhabist ideology, which is a supremacist Religious and Political doctrine of World conquest, its in the book.

This infernal dance that the Western Elites insist on while fooling no one, of refusing to state the truth and act on it, is only going to make the bill far greater when it finally is resolved.

Latest Threads