Saudi Arabia focus of terrorist funding report, but Home Office may not publish report due to...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Jun 4, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been known for a very long time that the KSA have been the bankers of jihad and that Pakistan are their executive arm.

The West is just as guilty by playing their part in this duplicity.

• Like Like x 9
  2. I suppose if you're a small but rich country in a dangerous neighbourhood, it makes sense to make yourself as useful as possible to as many major outside powers as possible. Hence Qatar cosying up to US, France and now Turkey. If one won't defend them then one of the others might.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Was talking about KSA, Qatar has been Froggie for ages and we failed with Typhoon a couple of years back.

4. Norway is our biggest gas supplier.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not if the countries you have borders with, who are your former allies, all pay more protection money to the US, France and Turkey.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That applies to diplomats. Other Qatari citizens have 15 days to be out. With the severing of airlinks effective tomorrow, how these people get out remains to be seen.

7. DOH.........

8. NHI

• Like Like x 1
  9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

By camel?

10. I know they use camels, but I thought it was for something completely different these days!.

11. Keeping in mind that this could all be a clever ploy to raise the price of oil for a while, they might be chuffed as feck as they can sell off at more than they paid. I know that it needs to come out but that's an aside.

Don't think it is a clever ploy, old feud in modern guise and Qatar has been pissing off the UAE/KSA.

12. This is just amazing, a $1bn ransom paid by the Qatar royal family to Iran and AQ affiliate after the capture of a falconary party in southern Iraq. As the article says maybe the straw that broke the Toyota Hilux's back.

Subscribe to read
    Apologies for the subscription link but I manage to get the article through Francis Elliott (@elliotttimes) | Twitter

• Informative Informative x 3