Saudi Air Force officer goes postal in Pensacola

ugly

LE
Somehow I think things have shifted in America when it comes to foreign relations.

One would think the financial implications of pissing America off, would be something you folks are all to familiar with.
It was finance the weapon used against us during Suez, sadly Nasser went to the Russian side not the US

D

Deleted 24582

It was finance the weapon used against us during Suez, sadly Nasser went to the Russian side not the US
Yes and it was something Wilson could not secure from Johnson.

Somehow I think things have shifted in America when it comes to foreign relations.

One would think the financial implications of pissing America off, would be something you folks are all to familiar with.
It works both ways..... . One should be careful how you wield your power, because without allies, you also push them into directions you may not like.

ugly

LE
It took Reagan in my opinion to change us policy and mainly because Maggie was in the game of Winning

D

Deleted 24582

It works both ways..... . One should be careful how you wield your power, because without allies, you also push them into directions you may not like.
But Allies without capability are more or less a heavy millstone. Some “Allies” like the Saudis are also politically toxic and create more grief then they can be worth.

Yes your GE will determine quite a bit. Sadly if JC wins many are not inclined to believe your civil servants, who are claiming it will be business as usual.
If JC wins , this country is fcuked.
Not - will be fcuked, is fcuked.

You will be better off without our historical 'Special relationship '.

D

Deleted 24582

It took Reagan in my opinion to change us policy and mainly because Maggie was in the game of Winning
Well having a common clearly defined enemy made putting aside differences easier. The Russians have done a masterful job of muddying the waters.

D

Deleted 24582

If JC wins , this country is fcuked.
Not - will be fcuked, is fcuked.

You will be better off without our historical 'Special relationship '.
We will short of reliable partners in Europe. Which will add another nail in that coffin. Poland or bust.

But Allies without capability are more or less a heavy millstone. Some “Allies” like the Saudis are also politically toxic and create more grief then they can be worth.
Exactly the same force that produces right wing extremism, is the cause of jihadi like thought processes... Saudi Arabia may well be opening up, but has no intention of listening to its people and particularly its shias. The question you should ask, is for whom does the idea of geo-political theory benefit ??

The truth is you and us are not in Saudi for some noble intent, or to stop the Iranian menace. We are their because of the lovely money it generates. Those who died in this attack should get a cut of that money at the very least, as blood money for the politicians.

D

Deleted 24582

Exactly the same force that produces right wing extremism, is the cause of jihadi like thought processes... Saudi Arabia may well be opening up, but has no intention of listening to its people and particularly its shias. The question you should ask, is for whom does the idea of geo-political theory benefit ??

The truth is you and us are not in Saudi for some noble intent, or to stop the Iranian menace. We are their because of the lovely money it generates. Those who died in this attack should get a cut of that money at the very least, as blood money for the politicians.
The Saudis are apart of an alliance to keep Iran in check. Hating people makes it convenient to team up with them.

But why does the US make an effort to secure the Gulf when we don’t need it?? To keep the Chinese out and ensure we still
have some Dominoes with other countries.

It’s been said before when labour govts have refused to play ball the US way! The relationship didn’t end it just had a different temperament for a few years. After Suez in 56 you were lucky us and the French both didn’t ask you to behave or leave
When was the last Labour government not to be a lapdog to the USA, Vietnam?

The Saudis are apart of an alliance to keep Iran in check. Hating people makes it convenient to team up with them.

But why does the US make an effort to secure the Gulf when we don’t need it?? To keep the Chinese out and ensure we still
have some Dominoes with other countries.
Those Iranians were equipped by America and have reverse engineered those 1970s platforms.. Are you seriously suggesting, they are any more of a threat to the gulf, than the Shah was ? you and us, also opened the backdoor into Iraq through the previous domino theory being dealt with (Saddam). The trouble with geo-politics is under the hood its all about money.

The big firms who profit from propping up the weak, in the face of the strong are of course thankful and the gulf states even admit they hire us to do their fighting like a Hessian Regiment posted to the Colonies. Did Hesse's population benefit, did the mercs profit massively. My view is the domino theory is a call for action, but what constitutes the action should not involve us in other peoples wars.

Those Iranians were equipped by America and have reverse engineered those 1970s platforms.. Are you seriously suggesting, they are any more of a threat to the gulf, than the Shah was ? you and us, also opened the backdoor into Iraq through the previous domino theory being dealt with (Saddam). The trouble with geo-politics is under the hood its all about money.

The big firms who profit from propping up the weak, in the face of the strong are of course thankful and the gulf states even admit they hire us to do their fighting like a Hessian Regiment posted to the Colonies. Did Hesse's population benefit, did the mercs profit massively. My view is the domino theory is a call for action, but what constitutes the action should not involve us in other peoples wars.
Bush. Saddam we know you have weapons of mass destruction
Saddam. How do you that Mr Bush?
Bush. I have the ******* receipts

I would have attributed that conversation to Rumsfeld, who actually did the deal.

Image result for saddam and rumsfeld

Last edited:
I asked myself that same question when watching Dr G series about this

Murder of Tracie McBride - Wikipedia

as Thought it be a path from the Armed Forces Medical Examiner do the post. Yes the victim was kidnapped on base at Goodfellow but was killed off base.

It is probably formality, what with the perp procuring Glock from somewhere local. homicide has taken place on base but it’s till law of the land.

The likes of NCIS, DoD Police, plus other three lettered agencies will be involved for sure.

cheers
Bases are considered Federal property and ordinarily the investigation of crimes committed within their boundaries falls to Federal TLA's. From what I have seen and heard if there is overlap to external locations and individuals then as a courtesy local law enforcement would be included, be they state, county, or city. The crime is still considered a Federal crime, would be tried, or not, in Federal court and any time spent as "Mrs Bubba" would be spent in a Federal lockup.

Receipts that were never paid for...... The Iraqi debt was enormous and having fought a war against the supposed threat of Iran, the sunni gulf allies did not act overly thankful to the moustachioed absurdity.

It was, allegedly, an organised rape gang working out of the embassy in the 80s, as I was informed by a DPG officer. When the story broke in the press the senior officers employed decimation as an example to deter whistleblowers. A fair few DPG officers found themselves suddenly back doing earlies, lates, and nights on crappy inner city estates with no overtime. (Three reasons to join DPG back then 1/ to study for promotion in the copious on-duty downtime when not on a doorstep 2/ to pan an overtime budget that never dried up, 3/ it beat working earlies, lates, and nights on some crappy inner city estate.)
First time I've heard that so the decimation plan obviously worked. I take it you got one of the decimated at your nick working early, lates & nights on crappy inner city estates

Latest Threads