Saudi Air Force officer goes postal in Pensacola

Thought we had problems with Libyans and sexual assaults a few years back. Brushed under carpet probably
It was, allegedly, an organised rape gang working out of the embassy in the 80s, as I was informed by a DPG officer. When the story broke in the press the senior officers employed decimation as an example to deter whistleblowers. A fair few DPG officers found themselves suddenly back doing earlies, lates, and nights on crappy inner city estates with no overtime. (Three reasons to join DPG back then 1/ to study for promotion in the copious on-duty downtime when not on a doorstep 2/ to pan an overtime budget that never dried up, 3/ it beat working earlies, lates, and nights on some crappy inner city estate.)

So you know she was drinking and driving?
Did she stop at the scene?
If not then at least one of the following applies, in my experience. Stolen vehicle. No Insurance. No license, on a ban, pissed or high, mate.

If not then at least one of the following applies, in my experience. Stolen vehicle. No Insurance. No license, on a ban, pissed or high, mate.
Or using her phone to send a text . . .

Running from justice, for example?
And yet Aung San Suu Kyi can fly to The Hague to face charges of genocide, admittedly laid against her country rather than her personally.

KSA has been in the dwang for many years, but the West (led by, but by no means exclusively the USA) continues to turn a blind eye to this bunch of ****s.
Until their oil runs out or we don't need it anymore then they're on their own

The UK is in a bit of a muddle, and next week could be very interesting. You might rise from the ashes like a Phoenix, or just start to circle the drain.
Irrespective of who takes "power", it won't change much of anything anytime soon..
"They" will just become part of the UK's political sewer clogging fatberg.
In addition, it seems I'm not alone.
There's no reason in my opinion this will not be reflected throughout the UK.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50658588
Anyway...looks to me both the USA's 3-lettered security organisations need to plough more cash,effort & human resource into their activities. If this incident is not the ultimate wakey wakey call. what is?

Last edited:

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Bit, more complex than just oil. Unless the West wants to permanently based hundreds of thousands of troops in the region then we need a pro-Western state there to keep the Shia/Sunni lid on. So whilst it's handy to export stuff to and ensure oil flows it's also to keep the lid on a powder keg of a region which has global implications.

Thank you for today's statement of the blindingly obvious.

Bit, more complex than just oil. Unless the West wants to permanently based hundreds of thousands of troops in the region then we need a pro-Western state there to keep the Shia/Sunni lid on. So whilst it's handy to export stuff to and ensure oil flows it's also to keep the lid on a powder keg of a region which has global implications.
Forgive my simplicity but if oil was out of the equation why would the west need to station ANY troops anywhere near those fly blown shitholes.
better to stand well back ( upwind) whilst the Shia and Sunnis work out their centuries old hatreds. Initially with the modern stuff they have bought, and no doubt fighting to the last fanatic with sharpened sticks in a wasteland of melted sand.
their book prophesises somethimg along those lines Im told.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Forgive my simplicity but if oil was out of the equation why would the west need to station ANY troops anywhere near those fly blown shitholes.
better to stand well back ( upwind) whilst the Shia and Sunnis work out their centuries old hatreds. Initially with the modern stuff they have bought, and no doubt fighting to the last fanatic with sharpened sticks in a wasteland of melted sand.
their book prophesises somethimg along those lines Im told.
Because I don't think a major regional conflict there would stay regional for long and all sides have access to weapons that would stretch way beyond the region. Then, we still need access to the region for wider trade.

Because I don't think a major regional conflict there would stay regional for long and all sides have access to weapons that would stretch way beyond the region. Then, we still need access to the region for wider trade.
Only to the Suez Canal/Red Sea. What significant imports come through the Straits of Hormuz other than petro-chemicals? While inconvenient, air routes between Europe and Asia could be modified to avoid the region of conflict.

The sunni/shia thing is overblown, it's good old fashioned regional power politics between Iran and KSA which both use the religious divide for their own ends. I think it'd fade without active shit stirring from them.

Horn of Africa and Red Sea are always going to be important as you imply, part of what Yemen is about.

On the killing, Shamrani's from the same neck of the woods as many of the 9/11 terrorists. That part of KSA has more than its fair share of nutters and it isn't going to change in the near term.

D

Deleted 24582

With her kids in the car, I would say most likely distracted.

D

Deleted 24582

Irrespective of who takes "power", it won't change much of anything anytime soon..
"They" will just become part of the UK's political sewer clogging fatberg.
In addition, it seems I'm not alone.
There's no reason in my opinion this will not be reflected throughout the UK.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50658588
Anyway...looks to me both the USA's 3-lettered security organisations need to plough more cash,effort & human resource into their activities. If this incident is not the ultimate wakey wakey call. what is?
The damning thing will be if the shooters fellow trainees knew and did nothing. Which is seeming to be the case. Which then just reinforces the “Muslims” will turn a blind eye to this sort of behaviour. It is already turning a rather low opinion even lower, and I imagine these trainees will be further isolated in the future. With more stringent security measures in place. It ain’t sitting well with Joe.

Also, it appears he bought a Glock so whomever sold it to him is fuc*ed. If it was an Armslist sale the seller is screwed.

Now this is awkward...

It begs the question of what background checks are done here for Saudi Air Force personnel who train in the UK..
Hell it could not happen at a worse time..24 hours after (no connection) to Joint Base Pearl Hickam incident. In a Tom Clancy or Dale Brown or Stephen Coonts fiction...it would and be prelude to something worse.

RIP victims.

I’m guessing the Saudi students at P cola probably backseater NFO for their Tonkas, or primary for fast Jet and multi engine.

cheers

The hosting powers that be will probably rely on the home country telling them that the chap is a good egg.

I have seen a couple of news reports on this and am still trying to get my head around why sheriffs deputies were involved and not the on base security team.
I asked myself that same question when watching Dr G series about this

Murder of Tracie McBride - Wikipedia

as Thought it be a path from the Armed Forces Medical Examiner do the post. Yes the victim was kidnapped on base at Goodfellow but was killed off base.

It is probably formality, what with the perp procuring Glock from somewhere local. homicide has taken place on base but it’s till law of the land.

The likes of NCIS, DoD Police, plus other three lettered agencies will be involved for sure.

cheers

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
With her kids in the car, I would say most likely distracted.
Then let's sincerely hope that KSA don't advise that they have immunity and spirit the "filmers" home in the dead of night. That wouldn't be appropriate would it? Would you consider the famies have recieved justice if that were the case?

If not, you can get an appreciation for the depth of feeling here.

I live very close to RAF Fairford. Locals have been very vocal on this subject and visiting aircrew are in no doubt about how the vast majority regard this outcome. Comments to a party of B-52 crew like 'I would drink that in your left hand, that way you can remember which side we drive on' delivered deadpan by the Landlord give you a flavour.

Whether she left on instruction or of her own volition matters not a jot. It is the knowledge that this could happen to anyone of the local residents with zero repurcussions under the law for the perpetrator should the US so insist.

Relations with the base are currently rather frosty and that is how you will see the reaction manifest here in the UK.

Latest Threads