Saudi Air Force officer goes postal in Pensacola

D

Deleted 24582

According to a report in the NY TImes this is from the Twitter account of the shooter, the account was apparently removed shortly after the shooting:

More reading on his account ===> محمد الشمراني (@M7MD_SHAMRANI) | Twitter

The story in the Pensacola news Journal with some other links for you: ===> NAS Pensacola shooting: Why the base international flight students
I imagine if anybody had suspicions about the departed shooter they are going to have a lengthy interview without tea or coffee. Any leads on where he acquired the pistol yet?

D

Deleted 24582

It certainly seems like a few of his compatriots knew.

'Authorities have detained six Saudi nationals for questioning in connection with a mass shooting at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida, on Friday. A source briefed on the investigation told the New York Times that six people had been detained for questioning. Three of those people were seen filming the incident as it unfolded.' '

If three of the shooters peers were filming their buddy instead of actively trying to stomp his guts out, they are now accessories to murder. I would send them to Colorado for that.

According to Lester Holt on last night's NBC News, he arrived two years ago for a basic pilots course and was due to finish in August 2020.
Given the historical precedence viz Saudis learning to fly in the US, I would suggest that the US has dodged a bullet, there.

. . . unlike yer man, of course.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
But I don’t think she went postal with a handgun and killed 3 of your citizens. Context matters.
I respectfully disagree. Killing someone whatever the method should be answered for appropriately, not swept under the carpet because it is a political expedient.

I think the family who lost their son would probably have a similar view, the context remains the same, people were unlawfully killed.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
I had the pleasure (sic) of working for the Saudi Navy for a couple of years. Lazy, arrogant, conniving, duplicitous, lying, backward twunts the lot of them. Drunk as a skunk one night in OUR bar, then next day - Please Mr S-B, it is our little secret. Sounds like a pedo! So I'm Told! Then Mr S-B have you considered the 12 Pillars of Islam, or whatever.

Saudis? I've sh1t 'em.
And all happy to use the causeway for a spot of anything they like.....

D

Deleted 24582

I respectfully disagree. Killing someone whatever the method should be answered for appropriately, not swept under the carpet because it is a political expedient.

I think the family who lost their son would probably have a similar view, the context remains the same, people were unlawfully killed.
I agree with you, but she was removed from the UK by the powers that be. She had no say in the matter that choice was made for her. But she did not plot to attack your fellow citizens in a blaze of Jihadi glory. Premeditated murder is not in the same category as a tragic road accident.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree with you, but she was removed from the UK by the powers that be. She had no say in the matter that choice was made for her.
Really? She was forced upon a US aircraft under duress?
But she did not plot to attack your fellow citizens in a blaze of Jihadi glory. Premeditated murder is not in the same category as a tragic road accident.
The category may not be the same the end result is, yet we can be sure the US machine is all up in arms protesting (and rightly so) yet chooses to protect someone who has recklessly caused a death simply because their husband works for a TLA agency.

D

Deleted 24582

Really? She was forced upon a US aircraft under duress?

The category may not be the same the end result is, yet we can be sure the US machine is all up in arms protesting (and rightly so) yet chooses to protect someone who has recklessly caused a death simply because their husband works for a TLA agency.
Yes his connection with the NSA is why she was removed ASAP. It sucks but that is the way it is. Depending on how next week goes, it might not be an issue anymore.

What's the difference between a Saudi Lieutenant, a Jihadist Al Qaeda Soldier and a non-practicing Muslim in Saudi ?
One follows the orders of Allah and the other follows the orders of Allah and the third has being executed by the other two.

If three of the shooters peers were filming their buddy instead of actively trying to stomp his guts out, they are now accessories to murder. I would send them to Colorado for that.
Hell, I'd send them to Wyoming.

Yes his connection with the NSA is why she was removed ASAP. It sucks but that is the way it is. Depending on how next week goes, it might not be an issue anymore.
So long as you keep that sentiment in mind when a foreign power refuses to hand over one of their citizens to face justice in the US.

When in Rome....

How long was the gunman in the USA before he immersed himself in the country's traditional pastime of a mass shooting

Latest Threads