Saudi Air Force officer goes postal in Pensacola

D

Deleted 24582

Not sure what this is, I recognise SWAT/FBI and then Militia? What's the context?
Bundy Standoff in Nevada and the Mahler wildlife refugee standoff which were very recent events. The Fed's were kept in check by the yokels, much to their annoyance.

You have the opposing forces, all kitted out.

D

Deleted 24582

No personal offence intended, but as that outsider, that sounds like tinfoil time. If you don't trust your own people and your own Government enough. This is the view I have a really hard time accepting.

In a country as vast as the US I see common sense in this, but if guns were less easy to access and gun crime were reduced (I know its an egg/chicken) then you could argue that there'd be less need. Lot's of if's and but's I agree though.
Here is what I was looking for...

1576088419032.png

I am in the Far West, where we prefer civil liberties and don't trust big government. So the 2A is sacred.

but I would have to question why there are circa 400m privately owned firearms in the US. Can they all really be justified?
The thing is mate they don't have to be justified. If you saw the number of firearms I have you'd probably be mortified. However all those firearms serve a different purpose, for instance I would never hunt elk with a .308 rifle, instead I would use my WSM rifle for elk. Thing is one firearm doesn't work for all the many different and varied game types hunted in the US and the majority of legal firearm holders do hunt a wide variety of game throughout the US.

I have three AR type rifles, I have an AR15 in 5.56, an AR15 in 6.5 Grendel and an AR10 in 7.62x51. Now you may ask why would I own those type of rifles, I own them competition shooting, nothing more and nothing less. and competition shooting over here is a big sport. The AR 15 in 5.56 also gets used for dispatching coyotes that come around the yard trying to get at livestock.

I also own a couple of lee Enfields, a No4 and a No1, I own a couple of Mauser's on in 8mm and one in 6.5 Swede which I shoot for the sheer pleasure and fun of it. I also handload for all my firearms and finding that sweet load for each firearm for me is a very pleasurable past time, especially during the long winter months.

Guns just have too high a potential for mass incidents way and above most other "objects" including cars, so with all the continual mass shootings I don't see how it's tolerated?
I agree, however those mass type shootings are rare given the number of people over here who own those types of firearms. Now I know that will sound weird to you given the number of shootings that happen but imagine if all the firearms owners were the gun nut owners they are portrayed to be, we'd have mass shootings every day of the year.

I remember when pistol concealed carry with permit first became legal in this State, the anti gun people were talking about the rivers of blood that would follow, well them rivers of blood didn't happen and I'll tell you now as a man that was serving with the State Police at the time, armed crime in this State fell dramatically because the scumbags don't like a level playing field and concealed carry keeps the twats guessing.

But the laws then vary by State and that doesn't appear to be federally checked? Plus there are clear loopholes otherwise this thread wouldn't have been started?
Yes there are loopholes in the system but there is a bill going through congress at the moment to close them which I agree with and even all private sales will have to go through a background check. Other than that, in all 50 States one goes into a store and buys a firearm then a NICS (background check) must be carried out and the details entered onto a ATF form 4473, that is Federal law and no exceptions. Likewise if a firearm is bought online then it must be shipped to an FFL dealer who then carries out a background check.

The only exception to that is if the person buying the firearm has a concealed carry permit then the NIC check does not have to be done as it has already been done before the concealed permit was issued. The concealed permit details are recorded on the ATF form 4473.

With regards to the having a gun in your own home for self defence, that really is down to where one lives. In some of the big cities I'd say yes unfortunately because there the scumbags have no scruples about harming the home owners to get what they want.

We often read the negative stories about home defence, very rarely at national media level do we even hear or read the stories about people who have protected themselves and their family from scumbags intent on doing them harm, had the homeowners not been armed I reckon the outcome would have been different.

With regards to DPD shooting of the woman in her on home, there was a little bit more to it than was first reported. All said and done though the Officer who fired the shot was wrong to do so for a variety of reasons, he has since been charged with 2nd degree (non premeditated) murder.

Last edited:
In part I agree, but I would have to question why there are circa 400m privately owned firearms in the US. Can they all really be justified?
They dont have to be justified is the thing, you dont have to justify a constitutional right

If I can own 10 automobiles why should I have to justify 10 firearms?

Many of the firearms i own have never been Fred by myself

The type 99 Arisaka, the SMLE from BSA 1916, are two examples.

I have fired my '03, M1, M1A, M1 carbine, Remington model 81, Krag 1896, P17 US M1917, Win 92 etc and the AR's

If we can't come to terms with the fact that the one individual involved in the accident was removed from your country without a say in the matter, we can't move forward. Choices were made for that family by people high on up in the food chain. They were protected. So before you grab the pitchfork and torches in your quest for mob justice, lets also understand that a terrorist act is not the same as a tragic road accident.
I think that about sums it up. It was probably a decision made as to what is the best outcome for the organisation and country. Did it piss off a close ally, almost certainly however I would not be surprised if high ups in a similar role were not consulted before the action was taken

In part I agree, but I would have to question why there are circa 400m privately owned firearms in the US. Can they all really be justified? Does have one to "protect your property" make the situation better or worse (thinking to a recent incident in Dallas where DPD shot dead a woman in her own home through the window because they saw a gun, her gun, on her bedside table!).

Guns just have too high a potential for mass incidents way and above most other "objects" including cars, so with all the continual mass shootings I don't see how it's tolerated?

But the laws then vary by State and that doesn't appear to be federally checked? Plus there are clear loopholes otherwise this thread wouldn't have been started?

Take the survey just released last week by the National Association of Chiefs of Police.After polling more than 20,000 sheriffs and chiefs of police, the NACOP found that 86.4 percent “support nationwide recognition of state issued concealed weapon permits” and 76 percent believe that “qualified, law-abiding armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent criminal activity.”

There is probably no group that supports private gun ownership more than the police do.

Rank-and file-police show even stronger support for private gun ownership. PoliceOne, an organization of about 380,000 active and 70,000 retired officers, surveyed 16,000 members on the subject in 2013.

Virtually all of the survey’s respondents said the “assault-weapons” ban, “a federal ban on ammunition magazines that hold more than ten rounds,” background checks on private transfers of guns, and “a national database tracking all legal gun sales” would either do no good or actually cause harm.

Seventy-one percent of officers said that an assault-weapons ban would have no effect, while 20.5 percent said that it would make things worse. Seventy-six percent of officers said that legally armed citizens are either extremely important or very important in reducing crime. Eighty-six percent of officers said that abolishing gun-free zones would reduce or eliminate casualties from mass shootings.

Ignoramus
Not as ignorant of the country or it's laws as you're showing yourself to be. Now fcuk off and bother someone else.

ugly

LE
In part I agree, but I would have to question why there are circa 400m privately owned firearms in the US. Can they all really be justified? Does have one to "protect your property" make the situation better or worse (thinking to a recent incident in Dallas where DPD shot dead a woman in her own home through the window because they saw a gun, her gun, on her bedside table!).

Federal firearms laws are usually above state laws (excluding California) if one has a firearms accident it’s rarely several magazines with reloads, it’s usually an “Oh Sh1t” moment a car accident can kill and injure many!
Luckily it’s rare to deliberately use a car as a weapon but it can be a good way of offing the enemy

Houseboy

Clanker
Dear USA,

If you won't regulate your firearms ownership (and you won't), then you lose the right to cry when your kids get brassed up (and they will). It's that simple.

Peace Out,

The RoW x

D

Deleted 24582

Dear USA,

If you won't regulate your firearms ownership (and you won't), then you lose the right to cry when your kids get brassed up (and they will). It's that simple.

Peace Out,

The RoW x
Dear ROW

Go Feck a pineapple.

PS Eat a bag of dicks whilst you are at it.

Yehaw!!
Murica

If you don’t come from gun country, you will never understand firearms ownership.

windswept398

Old-Salt
I think it ended any form of relationship of that kind with that particular country.

Worked there for a couple of years, they definitely are the bottom of the sh*tpile. The character of that group of people is pretty unpleasant.
I believe you.
But my opinion is different, I worked with them and found most were sound. Of about a hundred of them I found about three that were idiots.

Latest Threads