Saturday Morning TV for Kids

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by crimsonhussar, Mar 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have the grandson staying for a bit and he is currently watching some absolute fucking tripe on the TV, in the night garden, the characters don't even speak words and i cant pronounce half of the fucking stupid names that they have for each other. On the mainstream channels there is either sport or cooking programmes FFS!. What ever happened to decent kids TV on a Saturday morning like TISWAS, MCSW etc etc. How can kids learn anything with this crap and what would you lot of old codgers like to see on TV for the kids on a Saturday?
  2. Get off your arrse and take him to the local park or to the seaside?
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Too early for that and daughter is here, he is hers so she can do that! It was just an observation you miserable old cunt.

4. Get some peppa pig DVD's in you grumpy old git!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I 100% agree. Everything that is aimed at young children isutter tripe. I thought I was doing well to wean my boy off in the night garden to fireman Sam. But the new fireman sam is voiced by the most ear bleeding, high pitched little wankers. And the story lines teach children nothing other than the fire service are there to save them from every possible disaster possible.

Just once I'd like to see that snivelling little cunt Norman Price get a serious life altering injury. Obnoxious little prick. And breath.
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Assuming heis not 15 years old, what's the problem?

7. And those fuckin Welsh accents!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrgggghhhhh
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'm convinced every adult bar Sam is clinically retarded and no child in ponty pandy would make it to their 10th birthday if it wasn't for the hero next door.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Agree with you 100% its nearly all total gash right now ~ but I am worried you seem to be holding Tiswas up as a shining example of the genre ~ I dont recall 'learning' a lot from chris tarrant. Well apart from learning that I desperately needed to fuck sally!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thunderbirds, Joe90, Stingray, UFO... all available on DVD. Or, take a leaf from Why Don't You.... take them outside and play with them.

Course, other 70's throwback activities with kids, as exemplified by Jimmy Saville and Ken Bailey, included 'playing' of a different sort....
  11. How about reading a story ? Or a trip to the library ? Or I am being old fashioned ?
    • Like Like x 2