• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Saturday Morning TV for Kids

We have the grandson staying for a bit and he is currently watching some absolute fucking tripe on the TV, in the night garden, the characters don't even speak words and i cant pronounce half of the fucking stupid names that they have for each other. On the mainstream channels there is either sport or cooking programmes FFS!. What ever happened to decent kids TV on a Saturday morning like TISWAS, MCSW etc etc. How can kids learn anything with this crap and what would you lot of old codgers like to see on TV for the kids on a Saturday?

T

Tinman74

We have the grandson staying for a bit and he is currently watching some absolute fucking tripe on the TV, in the night garden, the characters don't even speak words and i cant pronounce half of the fucking stupid names that they have for each other. On the mainstream channels there is either sport or cooking programmes FFS!. What ever happened to decent kids TV on a Saturday morning like TISWAS, MCSW etc etc. How can kids learn anything with this crap and what would you lot of old codgers like to see on TV for the kids on a Saturday?

Get some peppa pig DVD's in you grumpy old git!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I 100% agree. Everything that is aimed at young children isutter tripe. I thought I was doing well to wean my boy off in the night garden to fireman Sam. But the new fireman sam is voiced by the most ear bleeding, high pitched little wankers. And the story lines teach children nothing other than the fire service are there to save them from every possible disaster possible.

Just once I'd like to see that snivelling little cunt Norman Price get a serious life altering injury. Obnoxious little prick. And breath.

We have the grandson staying for a bit and he is currently watching some absolute fucking tripe on the TV, in the night garden, the characters don't even speak words and i cant pronounce half of the fucking stupid names that they have for each other.
Assuming heis not 15 years old, what's the problem?

I 100% agree. Everything that is aimed at young children isutter tripe. I thought I was doing well to wean my boy off in the night garden to fireman Sam. But the new fireman sam is voiced by the most ear bleeding, high pitched little wankers. And the story lines teach children nothing other than the fire service are there to save them from every possible disaster possible.

Just once I'd like to see that snivelling little cunt Norman Price get a serious life altering injury. Obnoxious little prick. And breath.

And those fuckin Welsh accents!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrgggghhhhh

I'm convinced every adult bar Sam is clinically retarded and no child in ponty pandy would make it to their 10th birthday if it wasn't for the hero next door.

Agree with you 100% its nearly all total gash right now ~ but I am worried you seem to be holding Tiswas up as a shining example of the genre ~ I dont recall 'learning' a lot from chris tarrant. Well apart from learning that I desperately needed to fuck sally!

Thunderbirds, Joe90, Stingray, UFO... all available on DVD. Or, take a leaf from Why Don't You.... take them outside and play with them.

Course, other 70's throwback activities with kids, as exemplified by Jimmy Saville and Ken Bailey, included 'playing' of a different sort....

How about reading a story ? Or a trip to the library ? Or I am being old fashioned ?
we didn't have a tv until I was about 9. I am horrified when I visit my friend who has children of 4 and 1 that the tv seems to be on permantly and it ALWAYS seems to be the Bloody Night Garden - it's dreadful. To be fair the 4 year old is usually drawing while she watches but I dread to think what it does to their attnetion span

You miserable old piss stinking cunts! What would you have on telly, Muffin the mule? ffs things have moved on, the characters of In the night garden don't speak so they can play it all over the world and have a local actor do the narration.
Same with most programmes unless you watch Disney saccharine sweet teen dramas.
Anyway can't you get the sprog into CoD yet?

Latest Threads