Saturday Kitchen

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#1
Just watching Saturday Kitchen and the team of 'superstars' are cooking for Sandhurst cadets.

What I would like to know is why is the Slopjockey Staff Sgt sporting advertising logos on his whites?

Are that hard up?
 
#2
Nice that the Officer types can still get their scoff from silver serving platters even in the field kitchen unlike us erks who eat from Hotloks or worse....!
 
#3
I very nearly pissed meself when one of the "super stars" asked a cadet, "will that be kedgerie or eggs benedict" Fcuking eggs benedict, whats that all about. Whats wrong with a fried bugger swimming in grease?
 
#4
Auld-Yin said:
What I would like to know is why is the Slopjockey Staff Sgt sporting advertising logos on his whites?
Most service chefs that attend national competitions wear advertisers logos. I believe the MoD doesn't fully fund entrance to these culinary shows and comps, but they're considered good for development and good for the MoDs reputation, so units look to get further funding from the private sector to allow a team to attend. Hence the sponsors logos.

No different from the Army Rugby team having "Sodexho" on their shirts. Travelling costs a lot of pennies these days.
 
#5
brummieboy1 said:
I very nearly pissed meself when one of the "super stars" asked a cadet, "will that be kedgerie or eggs benedict" Fcuking eggs benedict, whats that all about. Whats wrong with a fried bugger swimming in grease?
whatever floats your boat B_B1. 8O 8O 8O 8O
 
#6
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
brummieboy1 said:
I very nearly pissed meself when one of the "super stars" asked a cadet, "will that be kedgerie or eggs benedict" Fcuking eggs benedict, whats that all about. Whats wrong with a fried bugger swimming in grease?
whatever floats your boat B_B1. 8O 8O 8O 8O
now thats funny :D :D :D :D
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#7
Mugatu2 said:
Auld-Yin said:
What I would like to know is why is the Slopjockey Staff Sgt sporting advertising logos on his whites?
Most service chefs that attend national competitions wear advertisers logos. I believe the MoD doesn't fully fund entrance to these culinary shows and comps, but they're considered good for development and good for the MoDs reputation, so units look to get further funding from the private sector to allow a team to attend. Hence the sponsors logos.

No different from the Army Rugby team having "Sodexho" on their shirts. Travelling costs a lot of pennies these days.
M2 - the sloppy was not in the competition. It was coming from RMAS and the contestants had gone there to compete. It was the slop jockey's own kitchen.
 
#8
Yeah, but once they have competition whites done up, some of them tend to wear them whenever.
I think bottom line is, he was wearing them because he was on telly and he wanted to look "Chef Ally".
 
#9
Mugatu2 said:
Yeah, but once they have competition whites done up, some of them tend to wear them whenever.
I think bottom line is, he was wearing them because he was on telly and he wanted to look "Chef Ally".
And he might have got a private bung from the sponsor, or would a service chef be above that sort of thing, "cough"
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top