Satellite TV Suppliers

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Auld-Yin, Mar 6, 2009.

?
  1. Sky

100.0%
  2. Virgin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Setanta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Folks,

This is probably in the wrong place but being of the old and non techy breed I have come here for some advice. (MODs please move if this is in an inappropriate place)

For various reasons I will now be spending more time in front of the box that speaks and shows pictures (really magic that is).

I would like to get a greater range of programmes, especially sport and historical/natural history programmes. I have been doing my research, but each of the companies say they are the bees knees and no-one is better - aye right!

I would therefore like to know who you, the great and good amongst Arrsers, would recommend. Living in the Edinburgh area what would be the best supplier for service and cost?

Sky
    Virgin
    Setanta
    Other?

Your views would be greatly appreciated.

(Abuse expected)

Yours

A-Y

2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

If I tell you that the verb to skyplus has become common usage, you'll see there is no real competition.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Cheers Alien, I trust your fellow Arrsers concur

A-Y

4. I have had the bog standard Sky package for over 10 years and am quite happy with it. I am not a techy by a long chalk but I am not aware that there is any other option if you want satellite as I think Sky is the only option. They seem to be offering a good package that includes, telephone, interweb access and tv for a very good price - i am thinking of this package myself. The Post Office (now called BT my daughter tells me) are also offering a full inclusive that includes,phone, tv and wireless interweb too and is on a special offer.

Whatever you select it will be cheaper next month and will have more bells and whistles too.