Satellite Images needed

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by archer, Sep 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend a company or web site that has detailed / fairly high definition satellite images of Kent?

I would like to be able to produce good quality views of farms/ orchards /roads/tracks/boundaries and if possible water courses.

I can, if I have too, make do with Get Mapping/Multi Map/Google Earth images but would like to give my clients a bit more than run of the mill images of their properties.- and for Kent Google is very basic!
    Pics from light aircraft are, for different reasons, too restricting.

Thanks

2. google earth is about as good as you'll get for free

3. Paying is no problem if I can get the views I need>

4. are you planning on invading Kent? If so, i'm in!

5. Use Google Earth to get the general area, then go to IKONOS for one metre resolution. I would take that path , as IKONOS imaging is expensive.

Still, I can see my house and the local pub on Google Earth :D

6. Invade Kent??
    Nah, escape- 20 years down here is enough!!!!!

Thanks PTP
    I can't really get a good view of my house on Google.
    There are some shots- Dover/Folkestone but I need the Cranbrook side of Maidstone.
    As I say, not vital but it's a point of difference I'd like to offer when I prepare reports.

7. Archer,

The best company in the UK is Infoterra - they are a broker for high resolution commercial imagery (IKONOS and DigitalGlobe etc). Their web address is: http://www.infoterra.co.uk/ (the two girls in the UK office that handle enquiries are excellent and have a good sense of fun!). Bear in mind you will probably need specalist software to use the imagery (file sizes are generally in the Gb's).
    Best of luck.
    Joee

8. Microsoft Live Local Used to show satellite imagery of the UK. Seems to have changed though.

9. Oh try this - http://www.flashearth.com/ and choose microsoft VE

Resolution is much better than google earth in some areas, including kent.

10. Google earth pro might be worth a try... I signed up for a free test then rapidly downloaded all the images I thought I was likely to need... It uses the same imagery as Google earth, but lets you save them at a far higher level resolution

11. might also be worth trying blue sky world they used fixed wing to fly the UK in a bit more detail that the folks who rely on overhead.

12. I suggest you use Windows Live Local. If you download the 3D package it gives you much better resolution for some reason.

13. I'm impessed, I can tell if Mrs Gee has mowed the lawn while I'm away!" :thumleft: :thumright: