Sat indoors with bruising after writing off my van so I thought

ugly

LE
Time to fit rails and red dots to a clients guns:
DSCN0986.JPG

The Taurus Revolver is fitted with a Konus red/green dot and the Rossi with a Aim Sport reflex red/green sight. Not sure which style of sight I prefer. I will see what he says when he picks them up in the morning!

Snow and ice related prang ?
What are the Red Dot type things like now ? Thought about one for the air rifle when ratting .........do they project a dot onto the target ?

Not physically, from what I've seen, you look through them with both eyes open and the dot appears to be on your target. Like a holographic sight, (not sure what the difference is between, holo', red dots and reflex sights).

ugly

LE
Snow and ice related prang ?
What are the Red Dot type things like now ? Thought about one for the air rifle when ratting .........do they project a dot onto the target ?
Yup ice and van meant tree totalled my corsavan. New hire van on the drive.
The scoped effectively have an illuminated reticule which is internal, no projection onto the target. These all now seem to have various reticles and colours available at the flick of a switch or twist of a dial.

ugly

LE
Not physically, from what I've seen, you look through them with both eyes open and the dot appears to be on your target. Like a holographic sight, (not sure what the difference is between, holo', red dots and reflex sights).
These are the first I have fitted, no real difference in fitting from normal scopes. I did bore sight them after a fashion and found that one eye closed felt normal but I expect that you would get used to using both eyes!

1&12

LE
So the sights are like the old Singlepoint sights of the 70s?
A floating red dot which turned yellow at dusk and green at night.
Issued for trials using the SLR in NI in the mid-70s, though I also had my own private purchase one prior to that.

So you are knackerd and sitting by the fire ? think I may go lamping for some venison over your way :)

Issued for trials using the SLR in NI in the mid-70s, though I also had my own private purchase one prior to that.
except you can see through it, unlike a Singlepoint, which relied on keeping both eyes open and your brain superimposing the images correctly.

Link to supply? or price for such a Rossi rail to fit a puma .44 mag? Please :)

ugly

LE
You got rid of a Corsa?

Cause for celebration in itself.

Glad you're no worse injured than mildly battered, though.
I liked that van

ugly

LE
No these reticles are set by the user, colour, shape and size at the flick of a switch/twist of a dial.

1&12

LE
except you can see through it, unlike a Singlepoint, which relied on keeping both eyes open and your brain superimposing the images correctly.
Ah, right - I took " .......found that one eye closed felt normal but I expect that you would get used to using both eyes!" to mean that you had to use both eyes.

Been using a Red Dot on my Browning A5 for years now, got to say that I've been consistently pleased with its effects.

Initial bore sighting then fine tuning with slug at progressive distances shooting onto a 3ft x 3ft target with a 4 inch black paper "diamond" centre.
Declared a "Snowday" today - well, at least until I can be arsed to get the tractor out to do a bit of Piste Bashing down the track to the roadhead - loads of re-loading to be done today

@ugly

Genuine question, that Konus sight is similar to my crossbow red dot sight, however unsure if to go the reflex or continue red dot.

If you have, any recommendations on improvements investment?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ugly

LE
@ugly

Genuine question, that Konus sight is similar to my crossbow red dot sight, however unsure if to go the reflex or continue red dot.

Ive not used either to be honest!

@ugly

Ive not used either to be honest!
Ok, fair enough.

Latest Threads