SASS Smock

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Hello there!

I have been told by my new boss that I need to acquire a windproof (not waterproof? Something to do with probably getting soaked lots) jacket for work. I'll be working in a woodland type environment and need to look fairly smart. I've been given a budget to get this; but after trawling through Blacks and Millets, and finding only waterproof jackets, I'm thinking about getting the Force 8 smock Click products, jackets, force 8 smock... in olive green. Obviously I wont be needing the rank slider...

Now, I'm not a walty walt - I think the thing looks smart and professional - but just after opinions, or other suggestions.

Cheers!

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Excellent, nice one. I'll message him about the size, i'm 5"8 so not the tallest...

Like I say though, I'm not the one paying for it - and i get to keep it! - so price really isn't too much of an object.

BBear said:
Hello there!

I have been told by my new boss that I need to acquire a windproof (not waterproof? Something to do with probably getting soaked lots) jacket for work. I'll be working in a woodland type environment and need to look fairly smart. I've been given a budget to get this; but after trawling through Blacks and Millets, and finding only waterproof jackets, I'm thinking about getting the Force 8 smock Click products, jackets, force 8 smock... in olive green. Obviously I wont be needing the rank slider...

Now, I'm not a walty walt - I think the thing looks smart and professional - but just after opinions, or other suggestions.

Cheers!
Im sure your not a walty walt, dogger sounds about right........ still got to look smart and presentable after spaffing on some fat housewifes window?

I have had a smock and trousers made up for me by SASS, in a plain olive green gaberdine material.

It cost me an arm and a leg, but it was well worth it - totally windproof, showerproof and yet not too warlike or threatening. Everyone who has seen me wearing this suit asks me about it.

Ideal for deer stalking - the deer don't seem to find me any more obvious than when I wear DPM. I just keep still and they don't sem to spot me.

If you fancy this route, get in touch with SASS ASAP as I believe that they are running out of plain cloth and won't be getting more.

James

Mr Happy

LE
Stayangry said:
If you fancy this route, get in touch with SASS ASAP as I believe that they are running out of plain cloth and won't be getting more.
Thats the sort of UK Busines sense that I've come to expect....

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Browno said:
Or look out for a Canadian DPM Para Smock, Similar to the British ones but with more features

We discussed about them before here.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=34778.html
Crawl back under your shitty rock Browno you dirty little runt, we didn't discuss four-fifths of fokoll, you just sat there with tissues down your rods telling people they should all buy one of your latest ebay purchases so you didn't look such a cnut at the next cadet camp.

And take your other logins with you.

BBear said:
Hello there!

Cheers!
Aren't you OTC?

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cymru_am_Byth said:
BBear said:
Hello there!

Cheers!
Aren't you OTC?
Not yet. Starting Uni in a week. But I'm working in some private woods for my boss (checking no trespassers, not because he's a git but it's unsafe - loads of random overgrown holes and such, making sure the wildlife is ok etc) and he said he'd like me to get sorted out now, so when I come back for reading week/xmas holidays I can jump straight back into it - rather than being a bit of a slacker in jeans and a waterproof jacket.

I've looked at barbour, but it seems a little heavy than I'd prefer.

Mr Happy

LE
BBear said:
Not yet. Starting Uni in a week. But I'm working in some private woods for my boss (checking no trespassers, not because he's a git but it's unsafe - loads of random overgrown holes and such, making sure the wildlife is ok etc) and he said he'd like me to get sorted out now, so when I come back for reading week/xmas holidays I can jump straight back into it - rather than being a bit of a slacker in jeans and a waterproof jacket.

I've looked at barbour, but it seems a little heavy than I'd prefer.
barbers have liners and so on that make them heavy and are excellent, also far more 'official' than other options...

If this is an all weather job a barber is an excellent idea.

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Problem is a lot of the work is to be done on water - either marshland or on a boat on a lake - so id rather if it were unlined so it wouldnt be a hassle to dry! But I'll look into it anyway. Cheers!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
BBear said:
Problem is a lot of the work is to be done on water - either marshland or on a boat on a lake - so id rather if it were unlined so it wouldnt be a hassle to dry! But I'll look into it anyway. Cheers!
How about an unlined Babour ?

Check on e-bay for a decent price, alternatively don't fall in the lake.

look if yo want a good bit of kit why dont you just gry a wolfskin i have one and they are fcuking great and you wount look like a right t1t either when walking through your local town.

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mr Happy said:
on a boat, on a lake, warning folk about holes in the ground covered by bushes.... this does indeed sound like interesting work..
Yup, which is why I'm so keen on it! It's on a private estate, one where there were lots of private attempts of getting sand out of the ground - hence many little holes dug by the previous owners men, rather than the one giant quarry you might expect. Pretty much all of these have been overgrown with either ferns, bracken or this moss type thing. Part of my job would be to finally find and mark these clearly, as although trespassing is prohibited there is still a legal requirement to make people aware of the danger.

There is a small lake, with an island in the middle. On this island are many many animals (pheasent, chicken, a couple of cows) and my boss's house. Hence why the boat trips would be needed as that's where I have to sign in, sign out and get hot stuff from.

It's brilliant work, it'll keep me out from any possible desk work, in the fresh air and provide a bit of exercise.

I'll try not to fall in! I've only done it once...honest!

I'll look into that "wolfskin", thanks welshwizaed. And I didn't know barbour did unlined jackets.

Thanks all!