SASS Smock

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BBear, Sep 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Hello there!

I have been told by my new boss that I need to acquire a windproof (not waterproof? Something to do with probably getting soaked lots) jacket for work. I'll be working in a woodland type environment and need to look fairly smart. I've been given a budget to get this; but after trawling through Blacks and Millets, and finding only waterproof jackets, I'm thinking about getting the Force 8 smock Click products, jackets, force 8 smock... in olive green. Obviously I wont be needing the rank slider...

Now, I'm not a walty walt - I think the thing looks smart and professional - but just after opinions, or other suggestions.

Cheers!

2. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Excellent, nice one. I'll message him about the size, i'm 5"8 so not the tallest...

Like I say though, I'm not the one paying for it - and i get to keep it! - so price really isn't too much of an object.

3. Im sure your not a walty walt, dogger sounds about right........ still got to look smart and presentable after spaffing on some fat housewifes window?

4. I have had a smock and trousers made up for me by SASS, in a plain olive green gaberdine material.

It cost me an arm and a leg, but it was well worth it - totally windproof, showerproof and yet not too warlike or threatening. Everyone who has seen me wearing this suit asks me about it.

Ideal for deer stalking - the deer don't seem to find me any more obvious than when I wear DPM. I just keep still and they don't sem to spot me.

If you fancy this route, get in touch with SASS ASAP as I believe that they are running out of plain cloth and won't be getting more.

James

5. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Cheers mate. Will do.

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Thats the sort of UK Busines sense that I've come to expect....

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Crawl back under your shitty rock Browno you dirty little runt, we didn't discuss four-fifths of fokoll, you just sat there with tissues down your rods telling people they should all buy one of your latest ebay purchases so you didn't look such a cnut at the next cadet camp.

And take your other logins with you.

8. Aren't you OTC?

9. Smart?....Barbour?

10. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Not yet. Starting Uni in a week. But I'm working in some private woods for my boss (checking no trespassers, not because he's a git but it's unsafe - loads of random overgrown holes and such, making sure the wildlife is ok etc) and he said he'd like me to get sorted out now, so when I come back for reading week/xmas holidays I can jump straight back into it - rather than being a bit of a slacker in jeans and a waterproof jacket.

I've looked at barbour, but it seems a little heavy than I'd prefer.

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

barbers have liners and so on that make them heavy and are excellent, also far more 'official' than other options...

If this is an all weather job a barber is an excellent idea.

12. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Problem is a lot of the work is to be done on water - either marshland or on a boat on a lake - so id rather if it were unlined so it wouldnt be a hassle to dry! But I'll look into it anyway. Cheers!