SASR "Execute" unarmed Afghan

The point is, if they're all savages and there's no way to control them other than through fear, what are you trying to achieve by being there in the first place? How do you achieve victory such that you can leave, or did you plan on staying there forever?

.. and this matters to the Toms how? .... You get sent where you get sent, kick or pat whatever arrse you have to to get you and your muckas back home alive, and leave the Politics and grandstanding to others.

Why are you even asking that question?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
People on this thread are arguing that the reason the war in Afghanistan hasn't been "won" is because we aren't being harsh enough on the populace.

You're arguing that there just isn't enough time and resources to do things the "right" way.

I'm arguing that nobody other than the Americans has any genuine interest in what happens there, and that the Americans have no real idea why they're still there other than they don't want to leave without having "won" while having no idea how to bring about a "winning" that Afghans are willing to accede to. The root of the problem is an American cultural aversion to being seen to lose face.

Britain fought several wars in Afghanistan in the 19th century over who was going to run the country before realising that they didn't care who ran Afghanistan so long as it wasn't the Russians. A much more rational British Afghanistan policy then followed.
No I wasn’t, I was arguing that a successful COIN campaign takes time.

PJI-254

Crow
Video has emerged of a serving member of the SASR killing an unarmed 25yr old Afghan man in extremely questionable circumstances.

Full story at link below

]
The Australian Federal Police ae going after them. The AFP has conducted interviews in Afghanistan and at least one SASR soldier has been stood down - more to follow

Have to be seen going through the motions, if you new how lefty Australia and for that mater New Zealand have become its unbelievable. I doubt there will be any more about it and his accuser was just being a bitch.

I doubt there will be any more about it and his accuser was just being a bitch.
There's more than a little meat on the bones of the allegations. In fact, it's the whole f'ing cow.

Indeed, it was relatively widely known about in both SASR and 2 Cdo. (who have the east coast CT tasking and are also Tier 1).

I was told about it years ago, in detail, by a now former serving member, long before the media reported the story.

There's more than a little meat on the bones of the allegations. In fact, it's the whole f'ing cow.

Indeed, it was relatively widely known about in both SASR and 2 Cdo. (who have the east coast CT tasking and are also Tier 1).

I was told about it years ago, in detail, by a now former serving member, long before the media reported the story.
Would it have been bitching due to his family connections?

Are you talking about the whole SASR allegations. Ben Roberts-Smith or both?

Are you talking about the whole SASR allegations. Ben Roberts-Smith or both?
I am no expert on it but have read about him and his family and just wondered whether bitter people either who have worked with him or his family could be providing input. I think it is unlikely that the Australian Army poster boy would be stupid enough to do what is said he done and in the manner said.

The fight had already been won, the victim unarmed and defenceless, and in the Blackman case, wounded, killing either of them was completely unnecessary.

Get out of your armchair and do some time on proper active service that involves a 2 way range, you may change your mind .

Your reasoning comes from some ACF, Nig, girlie, naive bollox PC theories and sounds like you'd be prepared to see your own Troops KIA/WIA rather than break some shite rule dreamed up by a tw@t behind a desk as it's easier than dealing with reality of fighting an enemy who has no hesitation in killing you by any means.

In the Blackman case, the c*nt was dying anyway .... would i have done what he did ?, no, I don't think i would, but i can understand why he did it ..... but i wouldn't have gone into virtual signalling hysterics over it either .

It's not liked he lined a up women and children and machined gunned them to death , what he did was to top an enemy fecker who was engaging him and comrades in combat minutes earlier.

Last edited:
Would it have been bitching due to his family connections?
No family connections from my source, unless you're talking about the "CT family", in which case any "bitching" has come from Perth, given their loss of the Gucci posting of swanning about Sydney Harbour in RHIBs. He served with one of the two CT units.

Last edited:
I am no expert on it but have read about him and his family and just wondered whether bitter people either who have worked with him or his family could be providing input. I think it is unlikely that the Australian Army poster boy would be stupid enough to do what is said he done and in the manner said.
Nothing to do with his actual family, rather than regimental "family".

I really don't want to go into details on here. After all, what I was told was heresay at the end of the day, but I genuinely trust my guy. He's out now, so no axe to grind as such, plus it's just not his nature (I've known him for 20+ years).

You should prepare to be surprised, there's a lot more still to come out.

Shandy123

War Hero
SASR is the correct abbreviation for the Australian Special Air Service Regiment
SAS is UK
NZSAS is New Zealand
But when I read "SASR", I understand it to mean "SAS(R)"

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
And when I read a post like that I understand it to be "bollocks."
Can I give more than one Excellent for that?

Sadly no.

Get out of your armchair and do some time on proper active service that involves on a 2 way range, you may change your mind .

Your reasoning comes from some ACF, Nig, girlie, naive bollox PC theories and sounds like you'd be prepared to see your own Troops KIA/WIA rather than break some shite rule dreamed up by a tw@t behind a desk as it's easier than dealing with reality of fighting an enemy who has no hesitation in killing you by any means.

In the Blackman case, the c*ant was dying anyway .... would i have done what he did ?, no, I don't think i would, but i can understand why he did it ..... but i wouldn't have gone into virtual signalling hysterics over it either .

It's not he lined a up women and children and machined gunned them to death , what he did was to top an enemy fecker who was engaging him in and comrades in combat minutes earlier.
I know there is a seperate thread for Blackman, but one quick question as you seem to be one of the few sensible people in regard to these matters.

In the situation Blackman found himself, could he have just left Terry to Kark it in his own time. He was on his way out, there could still be Taliban in the area so he could have been in a vunerable situation if he had stopped to give medical aid (and its not as if the enemy are the Afrika Korp). And a Chinook MERT could be very vunerable in such situation. Surely the duty to give enemy wounded medical aid in a Counter Insurgency Campaign is not absolute in cases where the enemy doesn't abide by the LOAC.