SASR "Execute" unarmed Afghan

Feck off....you still think the A Team is a documentary.
Hey boyo, go back to your dads army walting you TA blanket stacker.

a highly respected book on the Falklands war mentions the man by name. They interviewed those who knew him, It takes nothing away from his bravery in action.

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hey boyo, go back to your dads army walting you TA blanket stacker.

a highly respected book on the Falklands war mentions the man by name. They interviewed those who knew him, It takes nothing away from his bravery in action.
Ha ha , so, let's just look at the populist vote re most of your posts.

Yep, it's been decided that you are are an utter tw@t with minus zero credibility, and when you quote a 'highly respected book' you rely on totally subjective views and therefore become and even bigger tw@t e.g Mein Kampf was 'a highly respected book' to millions of Germans ... How'd that work out for them?

Do you want to stop now before I drive you further into the ground?

Aiming to shoot at the top of the head so that the skull splits in two.

Not necessarily "illegal" but an interesting indication as to how these men went about their business.

In O'Neill's book, he talks about having to push both sides of Bin Laden's head together so that they can make a vis ID.

Note - in the following article it's called "canoeing". You may or may not want to read it: the intercept is not hugely "pro-America" but none the less sources it's articles and provides a coherent narrative

Oh do keep up. See post #119

I can't speak about the Shiner cases because I simply have no knowledge of them. But I do not believe that any of the cases from Op. Banner currently under investigation (and there are only a very small number of them) can be remotely described as "vexatious", in every case there appears to be very solid prima facie evidence of serious wrongdoing.

You may not agree with dragging old cases up from the past, and many people would support you in this, but in no way can the cases that are being investigated be dismissed lightly, nor can the handful of cases be described as "persecution" of the hundreds of thousands of veterans who served in the Troubles.

There is helmet cam available of this incident, so everyone can confidently make their own judgement and question the standards of the Aussie forces. I think it would be naive in the extreme to believe that no such incidents have ever occurred among British forces, there simply weren't cameras around to record them (with one or two obvious exceptions).

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Aiming to shoot at the top of the head so that the skull splits in two.

Not necessarily "illegal" but an interesting indication as to how these men went about their business.

In O'Neill's book, he talks about having to push both sides of Bin Laden's head together so that they can make a vis ID.

Note - in the following article it's called "canoeing". You may or may not want to read it: the intercept is not hugely "pro-America" but none the less sources it's articles and provides a coherent narrative

Interesting read.

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
I can't speak about the Shiner cases because I simply have no knowledge of them. But I do not believe that any of the cases from Op. Banner currently under investigation (and there are only a very small number of them) can be remotely described as "vexatious", in every case there appears to be very solid prima facie evidence of serious wrongdoing.

You may not agree with dragging old cases up from the past, and many people would support you in this, but in no way can the cases that are being investigated be dismissed lightly, nor can the handful of cases be described as "persecution" of the hundreds of thousands of veterans who served in the Troubles.

There is helmet cam available of this incident, so everyone can confidently make their own judgement and question the standards of the Aussie forces. I think it would be naive in the extreme to believe that no such incidents have ever occurred among British forces, there simply weren't cameras around to record them (with one or two obvious exceptions).

You have no knowledge of lots of things , but it doesn't stop your wibbling. Your sanctimonious preaching tends to generate the response of 'Shut up Muppet' ......

You say that you do not believe blah, bla, blah vexatious , as if your beliefs actually equate to something?

In other words, you have no fecking idea, BUT because you think/believe something, it must be correct?....the main evidence is Republican myths, BS and appeasement from a Justice system full of showboating arrseholes who wouldn't know real justice if it kicked 'em in the bollox

How much of an arrogant, Asperger like tw@t does that make you sound?

I hope that was an adequate reply to you comment, if not , I have others.

Last edited:
Now then, werent weapons seized by UK forces in Afghanistan handed in and details such as serial numbers, country of origin etc recorded to help build up the bigger picture before being put beyond use ?. I'd be surprised if Australian forces didn't do much the same. If they didn't, then they should have done. Radios such as the Icomms the Taliban were useing were a great forensic pinch apparently, and definitely should be handed in.

My uncle was a dog handler in the RAF. The V force were ready to go, and had a white line painted around each dispersal.
I think most of the V Force had been done away with by the time of the Falklands. The Valiants had long been scrapped. The Victors had been converted to Tankers, and most of the Vulcans were on their way to museums or the scap heap.

Even the Vulcan that carried out the Airfield raid was on its way to the scrap heap.

I have just been re-reading Mark Donaldson VC account of that 2012 tour in his book 'Cross Road'. The dog named in the video 'Quake was handled by his mate. The dog was later 'killed in Action' towards the end of the tour, as was his own former dog 'Devil' who had previously saved his life.

He says in that tour besides IED's there were suicide bombers being trained and sent in from Pakistan, some as young as fifteen or sixteen. They targeted these networks which caused the handler to abandon the effort.

He states that during his 2011 tour his squadron took out eighty or ninety enemy fighters, twenty three or twenty four of them enemy commanders. The following squadron had little to do apparently.

He says that some time after a big fight a senior officer asked him why, that day, so many people had to die.

I had a simple answer.

"Sir, they were trying to kill us,' I explained in detail about being in that house at close quarters, with those guns firing at us out of rooms. I explained what Devil had done and how I'd shot the man who was fighting with Devil while trying to get his gun aimed at me.

The officer said 'Did you try to detain him?'

I was dumbfounded. The question showed a complete lack of understanding. We were in a war situation, not a policing situation. There is often a lot of exaggerated talk about 'Kill or be killed', but this time, that is what it was. If I, or others that day, had not killed, then we wouldn't be here today, and my children would not have a dad.

He comes across as a straight forward and very humble kind of guy, and does not slag anyone off in the book athough he wasn't happy with the RAN on an amphibous exercise while he was in 1 RAR.

His dad was a Vietnam veteran of Scottish origin who died of a heart attack when he was young. His mum was murdered by her subsequent partner and her body was never found.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
His dad was a Vietnam veteran of Scottish origin who died of a heart attack when he was young. His mum was murdered by her subsequent partner and her body was never found.
Reads like a typical broken home military success story

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think most of the V Force had been done away with by the time of the Falklands. The Valiants had long been scrapped. The Victors had been converted to Tankers, and most of the Vulcans were on their way to museums or the scap heap.

Even the Vulcan that carried out the Airfield raid was on its way to the scrap heap.
Good job it detoured to Stanley on the way.

Reads like a typical broken home military success story
Hence the title of the book 'Crossroad. He admits to going off the rails when his mum went missing and becoming a bit of a hoon and tearaway.

Not so much a broken home, his home life was good and he had a good support system with relatives, more a case with tragic circumstances, especially as the full account of his mums death are not known and the body has not been found.

they're not dragging ira scum in for questioning.

That should tell you what you need to know.

Well, you keep on from your comfy chair.

Executing defenceless, surrendered, enemy is surely illegal regardless of the circumstances. Does ROE allow you to kill someone in cold blood like that when they present no present threat? Killing someone in a white-hot follow up is one thing. Standing over him and asking permission 3 times is another.

If that is what happened and the film wasn't doctored to omit the bit where the individual wrestled half the SASR to the ground and dicked them to death then I'm afraid in my opinion it's wrong.

I'm not arguing it doesn't happen because clearly it does.

But it shouldn't.
Aren’t you an RLC Officer?

Latest Threads