SASC - What's it really like?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Muffin_Kicker, Feb 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all,

I'm currently thinking about making the jump from RMP to SASC. Has anyone moved across recently and if so how tough was training and what's it actually like day to day.

I've got the leaflet which I got through the post a few months ago from the adjt but apart from that there isn't a great deal of information out there.
  2. RMP to SASC?

Were you bummed as a child?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Well both cap badges share something in common. Many of those wearing it have their head up their arse.
  4. Any nobody likes them.
  5. Are they still going..?
  6. Realised there's a quicker way of gaining a higher handout promotion? Just saying what everyones thinking! :thumright:
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Mindless repetition of stock phrases, claiming to be there to help whilst doing everything in your power to obstruct - you are pretty much fully qualified already.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Beat me too it.

RMP - jobsworth *****

SASC - jobsworth *****

You'll fit right in.
  9. Unless things have changed drastically over the years, I think you'll find, that you can't just transfer over.

You need to do one of their courses & gain at least a B grade, to be even considered.

Even then they might not take you.....& being a Monkey, might not be a plus!
  10. I concur both are a bunch of *****.
  11. MK,

Check your PMs.
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

RMP making up shit about people to fit events,
    SASC making up excuses why training has to be shit and you cant do that!
    Big leap in making up shit there, sure you can hack it?
  13. He was a cook before he transferred to the RMP.
  14. You sound like the sort of chap who's had a run in with the law on more than one occasion.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Easier to deal with than the SASC!