Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sas Walt?

newbie1810

Clanker
Got a guy who works at our security firm recons he was a sniper with 22nd I don’t know nearly enough to pick apart his story So I’m gonna post what he’s put on here and looking advice on how I can actually get the correct information but he pissing everyone off saying he can’t find a job due to covid 19 etc at the minute works as a doorman full time low level says the reason he won’t do anything else is has 3 kids and wants to stay out of conflict This is what he’s said as his proof of training. I have no idea if it’s correct or not.

“Back when I joined the army I set the record for the british army barb test, I was told I could take my pic of entry level jobs, I scored 63 points in 12m50s, I joined the RLC as a driver, because of my results I was put into britains first fast track platoon for new recruits, it's essentially the same as if you were rejoining, at the time was 9 weeks instead of 13 for basic trading phase one then onto normal phase 2, my platoon trained with reme at pirbright, in guildford in Surrey ( 6am and 6pm the Concorde would fly over, quite amazing to see and really loud), during my first live firing training i was asked to reload my mag, and go again, I had a 1 inch grouping over 30 rounds @ 500m, that's putting 30 bullets in a coke bottle lid 500m away, I got told I was no longer becoming a driver and I was to be a sniper, people have lives before being doorstaff guys, I'm not here to be the butt of boredom jokes.“

That is his entire proof he won’t give out any more information to the guys says for security reasons and thinks he’s shit hot at everything regarding security any advice appreciated.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
At this point it's traditional to state

"He's gen"

Got a guy who works at our security firm recons he was a sniper with 22nd I don’t know nearly enough to pick apart his story So I’m gonna post what he’s put on here and looking advice on how I can actually get the correct information but he pissing everyone off saying he can’t find a job due to covid 19 etc at the minute works as a doorman full time low level says the reason he won’t do anything else is has 3 kids and wants to stay out of conflict This is what he’s said as his proof of training. I have no idea if it’s correct or not.

“Back when I joined the army I set the record for the british army barb test, I was told I could take my pic of entry level jobs, I scored 63 points in 12m50s, I joined the RLC as a driver, because of my results I was put into britains first fast track platoon for new recruits, it's essentially the same as if you were rejoining, at the time was 9 weeks instead of 13 for basic trading phase one then onto normal phase 2, my platoon trained with reme at pirbright, in guildford in Surrey ( 6am and 6pm the Concorde would fly over, quite amazing to see and really loud), during my first live firing training i was asked to reload my mag, and go again, I had a 1 inch grouping over 30 rounds @ 500m, that's putting 30 bullets in a coke bottle lid 500m away, I got told I was no longer becoming a driver and I was to be a sniper, people have lives before being doorstaff guys, I'm not here to be the butt of boredom jokes.“

That is his entire proof he won’t give out any more information to the guys says for security reasons and thinks he’s shit hot at everything regarding security any advice appreciated.

Does he have an Irish accent?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
And by "he's gen" I mean genuinely on a very poor quality Columbian product.

Even as a never served civvie, I know that if you stroll up to him and mutter those apparently immortal words, "Boat house" and he gives you a blank stare, then he's gen.

I think I've got that right.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Crow can be backsquadded, they can be allowed to continue when they should be removed or backsquadded.
Nobody gets to miss out a few weeks

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
6am and 6pm the Concorde would fly over, quite amazing to see and really loud
In 95 I worked at Bank of England. We had a barbecue at their country club down Epsom way. A plane landed at Heathrow about every 45 seconds.

After the Paris crash and before it was pulled forever, after a break pilots needed to get hours in before they could fly passengers. I went to see Sunderland play at Fulham. The turncoat Geordie scum Lee Clarke turned out for Fulham. At half time, everybody stopped and looked up. A Concorde, apparently flying back and forth between Heathrow and Shannon to get flying hours in, passed overhead.

On neither occasion, subsonic, did I find Concorde any noisier than any other jet. At the country club, we were awakened by a far, far smaller passenger jet making a helluva racket.

Just saying.

Jonnynoname

On ROPS
On ROPs
525.gif

newbie1810

Clanker
Jesus Fucking Christ. What is this fuckwittery? How could anybody, *anybody* believe this?

The OP must be on crack cocaine very naive.
I was stood working he strolls up trousers tucked in boots he says have u ever served I had no fucking idea what his introductory question was I said served what in the army no pal have you

Yeah sniper with the twenty second

rang my boss get this prick away ffs

no yestarday he’s swamped the job page of his drivel

Tell him from me he’s a shitwafflingturbocunt.

I was stood working he strolls up trousers tucked in boots he says have u ever served I had no ******* idea what his introductory question was I said served what in the army no pal have you

Yeah sniper with the twenty second

rang my boss get this prick away ffs

no yestarday he’s swamped the job page of his drivel

Invite him on here, tell him there’s plenty of job opportunities by guys in the know.

Chimp

ADC
It was his idea to fly aircraft over the Iranian Embassy when we were on the Balcony - so his mention of Concorde rings (a prescient) true. And yes I know he mentioned he was in the RLC - he obs meant RCT but again was way ahead of his time.

RLC driver? Still, it could've been worse. He might have said rockape. He does, however, seriously need to up his game... and read this.

Latest Threads