SAS Walt

Seen in Penarth today, sorry no photos, I was smirking too much to remember my phone. A podgy gent, based around a truly magnificent beer gut, wearing a DPM smock (unbuttoned to reveal a belt made of two turns of old washing line) and a RMP-red beret sporting an SAS officers' cap badge.

Are you sure that you have not just impuned a former, multi-talented warrior?

Seen in Penarth today, sorry no photos, I was smirking too much to remember my phone. A podgy gent, based around a truly magnificent beer gut, wearing a DPM smock (unbuttoned to reveal a belt made of two turns of old washing line) and a RMP-red beret sporting an SAS officers' cap badge.
That could be my old ASM who wore his Dannet smock at every possibility though with no wings of any kind.
A deeply embarrassing prat.
Edit to add, I googled Dannet to check spelling and Silvermans sell copies for £125.00
You live and learn.

Seriously ? Do you think anyone who was truly walting would dress like that ?

Perhaps he is just a run of the mill tramp and these items were either donated to him or he found them in a skip.

ugly

LE
FFS cant I go shopping in public anymore without being ridiculed?

TamH70

MIA
FFS cant I go shopping in public anymore without being ridiculed?
PERSEC, FFS!

You're a mod as well, you should know better.

What's wrong with washing line?
Bet you are a hay bail twine walt when marching down the high street in CS95 with RAPC flashes!

He's gen... ;)

What's wrong with washing line?
Bet you are a hay bail twine walt when marching down the high street in CS95 with RAPC flashes!
What's wrong with bailing twine, been keeping farmers trousers up for a 100 years. Also a good substitute for green string and harry black.

ugly

LE
What's wrong with bailing twine, been keeping farmers trousers up for a 100 years. Also a good substitute for green string and harry black.
Not forgetting dog leads and game hangers

Nought.
Got a roll in man shed at home.
Kids hate it when I tell their friends they used to use it as an emergency belt.
So enjoy winding them up over it, Dad's are like that, well I am at least!

He'll be a TA SNCO.

Just a few short miles from my location. Do you want me to drive over there and subject him to rigorous questioning about his service history?Do you want me to get his phone number for you, so you could both arrange a bumming meetup?

Just a few short miles from my location. Do you want me to drive over there and subject him to rigorous questioning about his service history?Do you want me to get his phone number for you, so you could both arrange a bumming meetup?
No Sunshine, he's all yours.....

Hermann Escadron, aged 89, from Antwerp in Belgium waves to well-wishers as he makes his way through the Normandy village of Arromanche after shopping for fresh bread. Herman was part of the Belgian Brigade Piron Forces and is a Special Air Service (SAS) veteran.

Well when I was in Arromanche you had to dodge the dog crap, tacky WW2 shops selling plastic SS helmets and other low cost tat, they do trade on the 6th June 1944 in a big way. The yanks love the tat it seems

Latest Threads