SAS to receive freedom of Birmingham

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by muckievillan, Dec 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They'll March through town in the 'Cloacked' mode... :D

2. Good, they'll enjoy it, the reception from the Brummie crowd will be excellent, and the Council lay on a right proper scoff in the Council House afterwards for those taking part in a Freedom Parade.

3. A few hundred pairs of wraparound Ray-Bans should do the trick!

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

If everyone who claims to have dangled from a rope during Op Nimrod turns up, they'll need a bigger venue!

5. Half the crowd will want to linch them won't they?

6. Home of the Tipton Taliban :)

7. No they won't. We did a Freedom of Parade there, and the reaction of the crowd, including a sizeable Islamic proportion was hearty clapping and cheering.

And the current Mayor of Birmingham is a Muslim, and very supportive of the Armed Forces , including opening the Council House to attestations for the Armed Forces.

8. "Given the freedom of Birmingham"?? Would they want it?? To be fair, if they did, I'm sure they'd be able to take it without permission anyway!

9. I reckon it's more of an OP than the Birmingham Post is allowed to say...

See Previous

10. The Mail or the Sun would have never reported it so nobody here would ever know

11. I shall bite and say that with one exception I have not had a bad experience in my time around Brum. Certainly the Fusiliers freedom the other day didn't seem to go badly!

12. People are having a laugh...they don't really think the crowd will linch them

13. In which case I had better get a crowd together sharpish!

14. Here's how I imagine the parade will take place: video.