SAS style UKIP?

Yeah.

The fact the party leader was out of action for several months having undergone a serious operation for cancer can't have helped either.
Probably explains as to why he hasn't updated the website as well then.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Just go to Facebook and look up Robin E Horsfall for fucksake.

Then make your own minds up.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
So they dont have an effective deputy leader, and/or have key man dependencies?

Doesn't sound like they'd be very good in politics.
Please see my previous post.

I don't really relish the idea of apologising to Mr Horsfall when a bunch of Arrsers pop up to tell him what he's doing wrong but hey ho, I've brought it to your attention that's all.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
So they dont have an effective deputy leader, and/or have key man dependencies?

Doesn't sound like they'd be very good in politics.

Jeezus! It's a fledgling party. Why don't you have a go at setting up a political party?

My last word on this: I'm sick of hearing people say "I don't have any faith in either of the main contenders" i.e. Labour or Tory. But they don't seem to have any better suggestions.

God knows, cynicism is understandable, especially among those who have been shafted by successive governments, but it doesn't get us anywhere!

Yeah.
The fact the party leader was out of action for several months having undergone a serious operation for cancer can't have helped either.
Very sad to here that as good friend of mine has gone through similar.
However, back to business/politics....

That the party leader was out of action should have zero effect on the day to day running and the web site.
Also there is no Secretary/Admin/PR person. So is this a real political party or not? Does it have more than three members in it's organisational section?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Very sad to here that as good friend of mine has gone through similar.
However, back to business/politics....

That the party leader was out of action should have zero effect on the day to day running and the web site.
Also there is no Secretary/Admin/PR person. So is this a real political party or not? Does it have more than three members in it's organisational section?
Please see my above posts.

Jeezus! It's a fledgling party. Why don't you have a go at setting up a political party?

My last word on this: I'm sick of hearing people say "I don't have any faith in either of the main contenders" i.e. Labour or Tory. But they don't seem to have any better suggestions.

God knows, cynicism is understandable, especially among those who have been shafted by successive governments, but it doesn't get us anywhere!
Put your toys back in your pram and man up.

It is not difficult to set up a small organisational team. Ask anyone who runs a business. All you need is a smal number of people and some organisation. Farage did it with the Brexit Party in a couple of weeks. (Though to be fair all they effectivley did was throw a few peopel out of UKIP and let them take the name.)

If you look at the electoral commission web site it is the one that is up and running and does not require registration to use you can see lots of people start lots of politicval parties every month. Just like people start companies every week.

Reality is reality and I think the members of ARRSE have been fairly restrained on VAPP compared to the other parties. IF you stick you head over the parapet you will get shot at.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Put your toys back in your pram and man up.

It is not difficult to set up a small organisational team. Ask anyone who runs a business. All you need is a smal number of people and some organisation. Farage did it with the Brexit Party in a couple of weeks. (Though to be fair all they effectivley did was throw a few peopel out of UKIP and let them take the name.)

If you look at the electoral commission web site it is the one that is up and running and does not require registration to use you can see lots of people start lots of politicval parties every month. Just like people start companies every week.

Reality is reality and I think the members of ARRSE have been fairly restrained on VAPP compared to the other parties. IF you stick you head over the parapet you will get shot at.
That's something I need to research (although it's not me setting up a political party, I still believe it pays to be well informed, so thanks for that.

I certainly don't feel I've been shot at - although I do wonder if some are still confusing VAPP with D&V.

Lastly I'll do my best to "man up" as you suggest. :kiss:

Jeezus! It's a fledgling party. Why don't you have a go at setting up a political party
I have no interest in doing so. Additionally, I wouldn't want to take a pay cut to be an MP.

I have no interest in setting up a car company either, but I can tell you that a Fiat Punto is a shite car. Mr Horsfall doesn't seem to have remembered the 6 (or 7) P's from his service.

Give the guys a break, they are putting into practice what a vast majority of decant law abiding people have been thinking for years, but were just to intimidated by the establishment to do anything about it. The old Mantra " Its not my problem, I don't want to get involved. somebody else will deal with it" Well folks, that is about to be thrown aside, now, Just like UKIP, when that first started up, was derided and laughed at. Give these men all your support, lets face it, politics in this country cannot get any more venal or corrupt than it is today.
Boris Johnson, "Challenge accepted, old chap!";)

The only way they could be more Mickey Mouse would be if the party website was a geocities page. I have a feeling if it was still around that would be the case.

Latest Threads